Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Through the FPR or DV?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 03:06 PM
1st Gear
Default Through the FPR or DV?

I saw this on one of the other posts and it made me think of a conversation I had this weekend. One of the shops by me USP (blowncamaro seems to not like this place) had a grand re-open in a new bay with a 4 wheel dyno this weekend. APR was there so I figured I'd stop in. There was at least 4 other TT's there so it was way cool to talk to others.

One of the TT's was getting work done and the APR guy (who also owned a TT) was telling me that a lot of people have problems with braided lines coming off the FPR. Originally I had my boost gauge T'd off from the DV but the kid working on my car trying to trouble shoot my MAF problem switched it to the FPR line. Since than I have been getting a sppssss sound from my boost gauge. Can the boost gauge get a leak from inside the gauge. I assumed the T was replaced and didn't have a ball in it (another post I read) leading to that sound.

Are there random problems that can occur based on which lineyou T off for your boost gauge? I'm thinking I want to replace the braided line and go back to the original DV location. Is there a location that might be specific to my Injen CAI?

Old 08-27-2007, 03:24 PM
I'm make believe
Default RE: Through the FPR or DV?

Messing with the boost gauge line for a MAF is new, but you can run it from any post TB vacuum source from the manifold. You can move it back to the dv line if you like. The T is often times the cause for buzzing in the gauge when it tries to stay with peak boost andthe gaugefluxuates a little making the buzz noise. The line for the fpr sucks and rots pretty easy and should probably be replaced. Also your intake has nothing to do with the gauge install