Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Tinted Tails and smoked clears

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 08:28 PM
3rd Gear
Default Tinted Tails and smoked clears

Just Got done tinting the tails and getting ready to do the headlights smoked clears.....love the look on the black with the tails tinted. i was thinking of tinting the euro ones i had but have sold them to a fellow forum member. i dont think i;m gonna clear coat the headlights but after priming and painting with the black paint i'll see how they look. I left my tails with kind of a smooth textured look instead of really shiny gloss. so i want the headlights to match...

will post pics in the next few days

Old 07-18-2007, 08:41 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Tinted Tails and smoked clears

Sweet I was gonna tint mineto I think it would look awesome since my car is black.

Oh and if anyone wants to buy some euro tails I'll sell them cheap!

Old 07-18-2007, 10:05 PM
2nd Gear

What did you use to paint them? I went to the hobby store and bought some tint spray and did my sidemarkers, but I think that the night shades would be a little better. I havent used it thought. But I had to put like 5-7 coats on it to get it as dark as I wanted. As soon as it stops pouring (hopefully this weekend) I'll post some pics too.

Old 07-18-2007, 10:51 PM
3rd Gear

yeah nightshade(4 coats) and 4 coats of clear dupli color enamal....has a mute look...awesome imo. gonna do the headlights, front sway bar bushings and my last strut bearing bushing tomorrow night.

Old 07-18-2007, 10:53 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: MeanAudiA6

yeah nightshade(4 coats) and 4 coats of clear dupli color enamal....has a mute look...awesome imo. gonna do the headlights, front sway bar bushings and my last strut bearing bushing tomorrow night.
You're gonna tint your sway bar bushings? Oh and did your clear coat dry almost hazy? My sidemarkers did and I just had to buff em a little bit.

Old 07-18-2007, 10:57 PM
3rd Gear

no man i meant do the headlight smoked corners and replace my front sway bar bushings and do my last strut bearing replacement.

the clear coat makes the tails a little darker(brings out the color) and dried with minimal haziness. waxed and buffed two coats and they turned out awesome

Old 07-18-2007, 11:00 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: MeanAudiA6

no man i meant do the headlight smoked corners and replace my front sway bar bushings and do my last strut bearing replacement.

the clear coat makes the tails a little darker(brings out the color) and dried with minimal haziness. waxed and buffed two coats and they turned out awesome
Yeah my next project is the taillights. First I have to talk my friend into going into work on a saturday so I can use his shop. Oh and drive me around all day cause I'll be carless. But he's got a porsche so its all good

Old 07-19-2007, 01:23 AM
3rd Gear

I will have to hit you up this fall MeanAudi I plan on doing the same, even thought about doing two coats on my headlights just for shi*s and giggles but I dont know. Try to get some of the hazyness coverd up from my headlights.

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

Old 07-19-2007, 01:38 AM
I'm make believe

someone with a red TT on vortex did his headlights and tails. Looks pretty good. Ill have to find it.

Also they make plastic buffing kits to clear up the haze on your headlights. Pretty much a sand and polish deal and can be done still on the car

Old 07-19-2007, 01:47 AM
I'm make believe

The smoked headlights

Quick Reply: Tinted Tails and smoked clears