Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Transmission - Down Shift

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 02:50 PM
1st Gear
Default Transmission - Down Shift

Hi,
I bought a 2006 TT 4 months ago, have 14500 miles on it. When I go hard on the brakes on a down slope. I experience a jolt / vibration (automatic transmission). This is not very frequent, but not a very rare occurence too. Is anyone aware of this, I would appreciate if somebody can throw some light on this topic.

Apart from this issue I LOVE MY CAR

Thanks
Yegappan.

Old 06-29-2007, 06:10 PM
Default RE: Transmission - Down Shift

Hrm, possibly would like more info, but from the little you have discribed so far it almost sounds like you are engaging your anti lock breaking system. Do any dash warning lights come on oris there any grinding or other sound occurring with this problem?

Old 06-30-2007, 01:05 AM
4th Gear

Does it feel like the tranny is slipping?
Reguardless, your car should still be under the factory warrentee. Take it to thedealer and let them pay for it.
There's nothing greater than sticking it to the man!

Old 06-30-2007, 11:57 AM
3rd Gear

Yea get them while the getting is good because once your warrenty goes out your screwed!

Old 06-30-2007, 09:55 PM
2nd Gear

Hmm a jolt when you slam on the brakes?[sm=interesting.gif]

I'd say either you've never experienced ABS or you have a random brake problem perhaps rotors. But yeah take it to the dealer let them figure it out while you can!

Old 07-01-2007, 10:52 AM
3rd Gear

Sounds like you have some badass brakes!

Old 07-02-2007, 11:54 AM

ORIGINAL: Murderface

Hmm a jolt when you slam on the brakes?[sm=interesting.gif]

I'd say either you've never experienced ABS or you have a random brake problem perhaps rotors. But yeah take it to the dealer let them figure it out while you can!

Also warped rotors will also cause vibration, but will feel different from the anit lock brakes engaging. Really we need more information, or better yet take it to a shop if you can that will do a quick troubleshoot.

Old 07-18-2007, 04:29 PM
1st Gear

Thanks guys...

I dont see / hear anything different, it just happens in a very random fashion. I totally agree that the information that i provided do not really help, but thats what it is. I took it to the dealer, they said there seems to be no problem. I even drove one of their mechanics but in vain... the moment igot out of the dealership i experienced the jolt. Maybe it is the engaging of ABS, that sounds logical. Will keep posted as things progress.

I really appreciate all your efforts, thank you.

Old 07-18-2007, 04:42 PM
1st Gear

I also have a 180 FWD auto and experience the exact same problem! Its always at low speeds just before coming to a complete stop for me.

I took it into the dealer but they apparently could not get the car to do it. So they insist nothing is wrong. I was thinking that it could be a warped rotor..but its far too random, now I am thinking tranny. I would love some more info on what the dealer says about yours if/when you take it in again.

Keep me posted.

Old 07-19-2007, 09:22 AM
1st Gear

That's why you buy AWD manual TT's!!

Quick Reply: Transmission - Down Shift