Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

TT To Do List:

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 09:29 PM
4th Gear

Really? Where'd you hear that? It works great on break dust. Doesn't appear to remove the wax or clear coating from my BBS's or stockers. I know a ton of others that swear by it. So any information you have on the abrasiveness of them I would really like to read.

Old 04-24-2009, 11:45 PM
1st Gear

I work closely with P&G and basically, Magic Erasers are super fine sandpaper. If you've used it on a white wall (not a tire, a real wall), you'll see it smoothes out the texture of the wall. You'll also notice that when you rub a white wall after wetting the eraser, you'll get a creamy white drip (insert joke here). That's the paint off the wall.

Not sure if it's abrasive enough to scratch rims visually. I would be cautious about the intensity of use. That said, I may clean my winter rims with a Magic Eraser tomorrow!

Old 04-25-2009, 12:45 AM
1st Gear

Mr. Clean is about 1500 grit. Use it sparingly, but finish with a 2000 grit paper block just to be safe. Will eliminate microscopic places where rust forms.

Old 04-25-2009, 12:52 AM
5th Gear

dad used to be a project manager for P&G's Norwich NY plant. anyway, thats totally unrelated. my project would be to buy a house with a garage to park the TT in. A nobel mod. Although, not one of the cheapest mods

Old 04-25-2009, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by ouTTie914
Clipse: The antisipation is killin me! When do you expect this project to be done?

Scott: Mr. Clean Magic Eraser to clean the wheels. Seriously all you need is water and the eraser! I still can't believe how clean it got my stockers.
PS. How the hell are you?!?

kwos: www.TTstuff.com

hay becca how have you been??? i hope all is well with you...
i will try that tomorrow afternoon- i cleaned them yesterday but there is still some other stuff that didnt come all the way off... the wheels are too old for me to care too much about whether its too abrasive or not, so i shall try the magic eraser.... i just want them presentable for now and thats it....

Old 04-28-2009, 11:15 PM
1st Gear

fix dam downpipe grinding at 3k rpm. fix mistery grind between 2.5-3.2k rpm.

fix wacko shifter stickiness.

Old 04-29-2009, 02:21 AM
4th Gear

A few updates...

Originally Posted by ouTTie914

- Install New South Preformance intake mani gasket.
- Install euro headlight switch.
- Install hoses (breather, boost, induction).
- Get bumpers fixed (minor damage on front and rear).
- Find and fix annoying rattle.
- Find the fix for P1335 (yes I'm STILL working on this).
- Install wheel spacers.
- Put summer wheels on.
- Install clear corners.
- Go to as many shows/events as physically possible!
- Install front and rear swaybars.... CHECK! (Thanks Tom and Chris!)
- Replace cylinder head cover gasket... CHECK!
- New plugs and coil packs... CHECK!
- Bolt cutter fuel rail mod & wipe oil off of injectors... CHECK! (Thanks Tom!)
- Sprain thumb while trying to remove stubborn bolt under intake mani... CHECK!
- Discover tons of ripped hoses (breather, boost, induction)... CHECK!
- Take 400 gritt sandpaper to exhaust tip, and marvel in it's now shiny state... CHECK!
Hey guys thanks for the intell on the Magic Erasers! I'll be sure to wax and polish each time after using them!

Scott! How goes it man? Things have been hectic as usual, but I shouldn't really complain. It could always be much worse. How's the Jersey Shore been treating ya? Oh, and by the way there are a ton of cruises and GTGs coming up... HINT HINT!

Old 05-01-2009, 01:39 AM
1st Gear

Yep. The main thing to remember after using any abrasive is to put a good seal on it after. Waxing after cleaning is an excellent idea to do just that...

Old 05-05-2009, 10:25 PM
4th Gear

Bumpage for more DIYer's TTo Do lists!

Old 05-06-2009, 11:20 PM
1st Gear

Finally install my water/meth injection. Get my timing belt done so I can get the Unitronics stage 2 chip and not worry. Depending on how our depression goes I am ordering Stasis brakes and get my wheel in from the UK.

Quick Reply: TT To Do List: