Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

TT Instrument Cluster Class Action Settlement

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 08:21 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: TT Instrument Cluster Class Action Settlement

So I just got through reading my paper work. I do beleive you need to Call audi of america and have the records upto date on your vehicle or maybe theyll go through the DMV and just mail this out to all the TT/Defective cluster owners. Very happy to see this go through, and, im guessing since mine is Scheduled to be replaced for free March 31st I don't have to fill any of this paperwork out? OR, just hold onto it for my records?

Old 03-22-2008, 09:40 PM
1st Gear

I just purchased my 2000 180Q from a friend.. The friend just got the paperwork in the mail, addressed to him. I think I need to bring it to a local dealership and have it officially diagnosed as needing replacement (or repair, although, I think its a replace only type of fix). I may need to provide a copy of the bill of sale, since it is now in my name and not his.

Also, I have a carfax report of the car. Some of the entires are from a local dealer. Maybe they have records of a diagnoses.

We'll see.

Old 03-23-2008, 03:51 AM
2nd Gear

I purchased my Audi in 2006 with 74k miles. - At the time of purchase the cluster was showing errors. - Fuel and the LCD screen is completely un-readable unless you have seen a functioning one (To read the numbers..etc)

I recieved this form in the mail as well. - Do I need to submit this form so the lawsuit will have more meaning? Or should I hold on to it until its done?

I'm not quite sure what to do, or truly understand what is going on. - Even after reading this whole post and the letter.

- I will contest that this is an error on Audi's behalf. My BMW had a cluster issue, BMW had no issues replacing it. - While at it they also replaced the climate control and radio. I just had to pay labor. - All parts were worth $4500 (According to BMW) - I only had to pay laybor $425.

Does anyone know the statistic of how many clusters are malfuctioning vs functioning without repair? - From what I'm observing a large number of us have a problem.

Thank you,

Chris

Old 03-23-2008, 07:11 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: bmwtoaudi
I recieved this form in the mail as well. - Do I need to submit this form so the lawsuit will have more meaning? Or should I hold on to it until its done?

I'm not quite sure what to do, or truly understand what is going on. - Even after reading this whole post and the letter.

Chris
What does the form ask you to do? I haven't received any paperwork yet is why I'm asking.

Old 03-23-2008, 07:47 AM
1st Gear

so i got one in the mail too
my gas gauge is defunct...(half a tank is technically empty by the gauges reading) and my cluster is always pixelized to the point where i cannot read it.
so do i go to audi and have them say its broken, get it on paper and submit that with my paperwork?

Old 03-23-2008, 07:48 AM

This all is very ironic...Last fall (2007) we noticed that our fuel gauge was not working properly but we didn't think much about it. We decided to have it looked at during the 60,000 mile checkup and sincethere were only 57,000 miles on it at the time we thought there was not hurry. Then came the terrible winter of '07/'08and we did not drive our little car. March 20, 2008 we took our TT to the Audi dealer for the 60,000 mile check even though we had not reached the mile mark...Low and behold, they informed us that our Instrument Cluster needed to be replaced. March 22, 2008 we received the letter about the Class Action Lawsuit...

Now for the problem...Our TT went into service Dec/'01...that puts our Instrument Cluster problem 3 months past our in-service date with no actual proof that it failed before that date. Now my question is...should we Object to the settlement or file a claim, hoping that our sworn statement will be proof enough for them to honor our claim. Maybe we should do both...Any suggestions would be appreciated.

K_Pierce
01 TT Roadster 225 Quattro

Old 03-23-2008, 11:12 AM
1st Gear

why would they only honor this for 6 years back... by the time the settlement is done, it'll be 2009 and you'll need an 03 or newer TT to get the work done....

Old 03-23-2008, 06:54 PM
2nd Gear

Got my paper work for this in the mail yesterday as well. But alas, mine has already been replaced under warranty.

So I'm going tohold out for the rear window defogger class actionsettlement.[:-]

Old 03-23-2008, 08:58 PM
1st Gear

I got mine in the mail, now I just have to read it and understand what section applies to me!

Old 03-23-2008, 11:19 PM
SoCal Crew Member

OK i took the time to look through the entire document and what not. apparently Volkswagen of America was aware of the premature failure of our instrument clusters yet did not notify the general public of this who purchased the Audi TT. Volkswagen of Europe was aware of this and extended their vehicle warranty for another 2 years. wow, right? SO those elite few that know about this failure had to enact a 'secret warranty' with Audi. NOW thanks to Martin Maher from San Francisco, CA... he has brought this class action settlement for all of us cheap scumbags who can't afford cluster repairs who drive around with broken gauges

in a nut shell, there's 2 sections

section b.) reimbursement.

providing documents, you are eligible for reimbursement if you have spent money on parts/labor within the 6 years of the first in service date and before april 2nd, 2008. etc. etc.

section c.)
repair order
section c2.) no repair order

for section c.) if you had an authorized audi dealer service your car and had provided you with a repair order within the last 6 years or beyond of this settlement, you are eligible for repair, providing the documents
for section c2.) if you have no repair order, provide the symptoms and what not on how your instrument cluster is fcked up and also a mechanic/audi dealership notifying you that your car is in need of cluster repair

cross your fingers and hope that this settlement goes through end of may! so fill it out and send that **** out!

Quick Reply: TT Instrument Cluster Class Action Settlement