Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Tt quattro 225 upgrades?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 01:48 AM
Default Tt quattro 225 upgrades?

Hey guys I'm new to the site and I just bought a 2002 audi Tt quarto 225 over the past weekend and I want to know what would be worth my money in performance mods I know the chipped ecu is a favorite but I want to know what else I can do , I wanna make this car alot faster then stock so any suggestions pls let me know thanks guys and I'll post some pics up of it soon

Old 06-16-2010, 02:35 AM
2nd Gear

Well.. if you want it ALOT faster, a turbo upgrade is the only way to do that.
If you want a package deal... APR makes a package deal with everything included for $7,000 Click Here
Otherwise, you'll need the following:
Turbo kit from pagparts: $3500-4500 (includes turbo, downpipe, oil lines, injectors, fuel pump i think?, ECU tune for bigger turbo, and a few more things I cant think of at the moment
Front Mount Intercooler: $700-$1200 (the car comes stock with two small side mount intercoolers and they will NOT be enough once you do just about any mods... )
High Flow Intake: $40 (you basically just need a 3" high flow cone filter or mushroom filter)
Big Brake Kit $1700-$2500 If you add more than 50-75 HP to the car, you will definitely need big brakes or you wont be able to stop the car sufficiently
Suspension: Coilovers: $1200-$1750 , Sway Bars (front and back): $250, Polyurethane suspension bushings: $300 (stock bushings are foam rubber and by $40,000 miles they're deteriorated and worthless creating roll in the handling; poly bushings eliminate this)
Exhaust $1800 - $2500 (Unfortunately on the 225 TT, the downpipe from the Turbo to the Cat is extremely difficult to engineer because of space... this makes them quite expensive. You can get a cat-back from anywhere... but very few places have successfully made a downpipe. I know APR did it, and 44 Draft Designs also did it.)
Intake Manifold: $700-$1000 It isnt a MUST, but if you really do want BIG power, you'll need a performance manifold (preferably Large Port, which means you'll need a large port head to go with it)
Internals Not a must unless you plan to go beyond 400HP... but if you do, you'll need new rods.

check out the following places for some performance parts
TTStuff
TheTTShop
ECSTuning

Also... there's a way better breakdown of the Big Turbo process on the Big Turbo Thread in the TT Forum Thread list... both of the sticky's have a ton of info

Old 06-16-2010, 09:39 AM

I looked at the site and I got about $5,000 to play with so I wanna get the most outta it

Old 06-16-2010, 11:15 AM
I'm make believe
Old 06-16-2010, 12:59 PM
2nd Gear

Agreed, that's the sticky posts I was referring to; a HUGE resource for information on what you need. Read those links... and they'll answer 95% of your questions.

Old 06-16-2010, 02:53 PM

Ya I read that already but I wanna know what exactly would be worth the money ($5,000)

Old 06-16-2010, 03:15 PM
1st Gear

Bigger turbo! Exhaust and Cold air Intake and FMIC...

Old 06-16-2010, 03:33 PM
2nd Gear

There really is no such thing as a cold air intake on our cars, not in the traditional sense of the term anyway. You can get a high flow intake, but routing the intake for cold air is difficult and not worth the effort. Since the air runs thru the turbo AFTER the intake... if you reduce the temp by 5-10 degrees pre-turbo... the temp difference post-turbo will be negligible if not nothing.

If you want to cool the intake air (at the manifold before entering the engine), it should be done after the turbo... since the turbo compresses the air and Gay-Lussac's Law states that psi is directly proportional to temp, pressurizing the intake air increases the temperature... even if there is no heat source present.

the law works in reverse as well. De-Pressurizing a compound causes it to cool; this is why aerosol cans get freezing cold when you spray them continuously, releasing the gas from the pressurized can. Also, this concept is the basic principle behind how closed system refrigeration works. Evaporator on an A/C system is where the refrigerant is converted back to a gas from a liquid... causing it to cool very rapidly... then its once again pushed thru the system at the compressor, the compound is condensed back to a hot liquid/gas and cooled at the condensor, and the cycle goes again.

Last edited by neur0tic; 06-16-2010 at 03:38 PM.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:24 PM

Anyone know a good shop or person in ny that could help me with this work

Old 06-16-2010, 10:30 PM
I'm make believe

Forcefed Engineering and Pagparts are both in NY and can do anything you need. With $5k, a t3t4 50trim turbo kit and fmic setup from pagparts would be what i would do.

Quick Reply: Tt quattro 225 upgrades?