Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

TTDA + Rain = Trouble?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 10:40 AM
4th Gear
Default TTDA + Rain = Trouble?

If your running inlets through the bumper into the modshack TTDA and it rains isnt that bad? As in, cant the water get sucked in and do some damage?? It seems like this has a simple answer which i just cant think of... thanks

Old 05-22-2007, 11:33 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: TTDA + Rain = Trouble?

I don't think you'd have too much trouble with rain. I wouldn't drive through any puddles though.

Old 05-22-2007, 12:27 PM
I'm make believe

The rain wouldnt make it that far up the tubes. Also it would still have to get past the filter. CAI have problems because the filter is in puddles and covered in water.

Old 05-22-2007, 08:07 PM
3rd Gear

yeah kinda like a snorkel lol

Old 05-22-2007, 10:35 PM
4th Gear

The worst in this case is what I bought but didn't install was the Injen CAI - puts the whole filter unit in front of the driver's side front wheel - talk about a true snorkel

Still in the box getting the TTDA myself soon [8D]

Old 05-23-2007, 09:32 AM
4th Gear

Do the VW modshack flanges for the TTDA work with the TT?

Old 05-23-2007, 10:48 AM
1st Gear

Yes. I have the Injen and am not looking forward to hurriciane season here in South Florida. Myemployer is not going to believe me whenI use the excuse that I was late cause I had to find a way around a puddle.Wish I would have read everyones opinions that temperature wasn't really a factor before I bought the intake.

Old 05-23-2007, 11:05 AM
I'm make believe

injen makes a sleeve that goes over the filter you can get to stop it from sucking in all the water. its like hydroshield or something. think they are like $20-30.

god im awesome, here you go.

Old 05-23-2007, 05:03 PM
1st Gear

No lie, I was thinking about putting a plastic bag over the filter after I posted that and wouldn't you know they have a product for it. Only thing is that with the sea level and rain we get here that is not going to cut it. The water gets high enough here to soak through the floor board of any compact. Can the intake be left in place but detached up top to prevent hydrolock?

Old 05-23-2007, 05:20 PM

ORIGINAL: Indiepunk

No lie, I was thinking about putting a plastic bag over the filter after I posted that and wouldn't you know they have a product for it. Only thing is that with the sea level and rain we get here that is not going to cut it. The water gets high enough here to soak through the floor board of any compact. Can the intake be left in place but detached up top to prevent hydrolock?
Heres a thought - put your stock airbox back in for the rainy season..

Quick Reply: TTDA + Rain = Trouble?