Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Tuning the Forge Splitter

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 10:44 AM
1st Gear
Default Tuning the Forge Splitter

So i've had the forge splitter valve on for about a month now and I just started noticing that it's ticking alot...I'll rev it then for a couple seconds after the dump it will tick and then it slowly go away.. Now when I first got it I turned it 2 full rotations and it was fine, it still ticked kinda but not like it does now...I got the tick to go away about 6 seconds after the boost dump... it was at like 20 seconds after the dump...Is this normal and i'm just annoyed by it? or do I need to open it up a couple more rotations since it's breaking in?

Old 08-31-2007, 11:02 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Tuning the Forge Splitter

I had some problems adjusting the flutter out, but never a ticking sound

Old 08-31-2007, 11:09 AM
I'm make believe

New to the ticking also. Try tightening it another 5 or so clicks

Old 08-31-2007, 11:13 AM
2nd Gear

Mine does this exact same thing, only at idle AND not all the time. I just keep adjusting it. It does hold about steady at 21psi so I know its doing its job. I also get crisp releases when I let off the throttle. Mine is about a month old also, used to have a samco DV.

Old 08-31-2007, 11:25 AM
I'm make believe

Are the trumpet and recirc fitting both on there tight? That could rattle after a release.

Old 08-31-2007, 11:30 AM
1st Gear

I've never had a fluttering problem with it. I still have yet to hook up my boost gauge but, by the feel of the car I can tell it's running as good as it ever has.. Just this damn ticking noise is annoying... I'm gonna try closing it all the way and opening it back up...tried doing it yesterday but the damn thing gets ****** hot and the hose where you tune it gets all coiled up =(Not sure if this has to do with my annoying tick but, about 3 days after I put the valve onI was a full boost, showin it off to a friend and the valve just blew off the bottom hose, scared the **** out of me... didn't tighten it good enough(damn clamps)....anyways you think I should take it out and take a peak at the guts of the valve if the ticking doesn't stop?

Old 08-31-2007, 11:33 AM
2nd Gear

Yes I did checkthe valve out recently. The reason why.........When I had mydownpipe installed I also had them put in my TIP. I washappily driving home then "Holy compressor surge Batman!!" at least thats what it sounded like. They had thevalve orientated in the wrong direction. SoI checked eveything out on the valve reinstalled it.All looked good! This ticking for me is random and only happens after letting it idle for a period of time.

Old 08-31-2007, 11:35 AM
1st Gear

Yea, they're on tight, it sounds like it's internal.

Old 08-31-2007, 11:40 AM
I'm make believe

then take it apart and rebuilt it. Its 3 allen bolts and easy to do.

Old 08-31-2007, 11:43 AM
1st Gear

wierd mine stops ticking after a certain amount of time after a rev or a shift, you can't hear it when you're out on the street...I too get a nice crisp dump after shifts and no dumps before a shift so I assume i'm not leaking boost.

Quick Reply: Tuning the Forge Splitter