Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

UnEven Tire wear

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 09:16 PM
1st Gear

Yes, if it's the camber that's off and it is outside of the range that allows adjustment back to factory settings.
Since you claim that your car is not lowered toe problems are more likely as camber usually only becomes excessively negative when lowered due to the change in control arm angle resulting from the shorter spring. Any mechanic at an alignment/tire shop should be able to let you know. I would personally just go get an alignment and then decide to shell out the extra cash only if absolutely necessary.

As to the difficulty of install. I've heard of people installing them at their houses. I have no idea how they do this though as you need a bushing press, but then again their are people more creative than me. As to the price it would be about an hour or so of labor at any suspension shop.

Old 05-03-2009, 01:32 PM
5th Gear

kmac kits come with a bushing extractor. its really not a difficult job to do at home

Old 05-03-2009, 11:28 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by ttookool
Yes, if it's the camber that's off and it is outside of the range that allows adjustment back to factory settings.
Since you claim that your car is not lowered toe problems are more likely as camber usually only becomes excessively negative when lowered due to the change in control arm angle resulting from the shorter spring. Any mechanic at an alignment/tire shop should be able to let you know. I would personally just go get an alignment and then decide to shell out the extra cash only if absolutely necessary.

As to the difficulty of install. I've heard of people installing them at their houses. I have no idea how they do this though as you need a bushing press, but then again their are people more creative than me. As to the price it would be about an hour or so of labor at any suspension shop.
My K-mac kit just came in (came with bushing removal tool). I talked to a rep and he said that adjusting the camber will also slightly adjust the toe (which is what I was asking in my last post). So this should hopefully fix my problem.

Thanks for the help.