Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

vac leak - need help id'ing this hose for a part #. also wtf is this spot?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 09:30 PM
1st Gear
Default vac leak - need help id'ing this hose for a part #. also wtf is this spot?

( NOT POINTING TO A HOSE ) when i pressure tested my system i had air leaking from under here and when i reached under i felt a hole in the metal. what's under there that would leak air? Forgive my stupidity. lol.

What is the Part # for this hose? I have a split in it and its almost split right in half. Is there any easy way to pull this off without removing anything else?

same hose diff view. My engine is an AWP.

Old 03-09-2008, 09:34 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: vac leak - need help id'ing this hose for a part #. also wtf is this spot?

off topic but what program did you use to edit those pictures im just curious sorry to be off topic i dont know your answers except pic 1 that hose is a common leak hose thats all i know...again sorry to be off topic

Old 03-09-2008, 09:41 PM
I'm make believe
Default RE: vac leak - need help id'ing this hose for a part #. also wtf is this spot?

^ Please use pm's.

DIagram and discriptions are in the FAQ.

It is part of the PCV system. All the parts are available from ecs

Old 03-09-2008, 09:53 PM
1st Gear

I used photoshop. This is the hose (I think) that I am pointing to in the pics.

As for the first pic... it is not the PCV Y hose (I already replaced that one early on). There was air leaking from BEHIND that hose and it was actually leaking out of the engine on the driver's side below whatever that plastic thing is. Is there some type of breather section there for the engine?

Old 03-09-2008, 10:15 PM
I'm make believe

That is the sai just below that Y pipe. You could have a leak in the hose, vacuum line, or gasket.

This hose?

http://www.ecstuning.com/stage/edpd/...ategory=Intake

Old 03-09-2008, 10:47 PM
1st Gear

Woot! its this hose. OEM - Angled Breather Hose ES#7936 90 degree OEM breather hose that is attached to middle nipple of intake manifold. Those hose is ripped right on the 90 degree section. its ripped almost in half...

is there any easy way to get under there? those damn audi clamps are such a pain...

as for the other spot where air was leaking - i havent a clue.

Old 03-09-2008, 10:54 PM
I'm make believe

You will have to remove the intake manifold. That hose above is $12 and another possible one is almost $50. Best thing to do is to remove the intake man and run to the dealer. That is unless you dont mind taking off the manifold twice.

Old 03-09-2008, 11:10 PM
1st Gear

oh no, i have to pull the manifold to replace the hose!?! is there a gasket or anything i need to put back on it when i put it all back together. that a pita just to replace the hose. the one i listed is the hose. i saw enough of it to ID it - unless there is more than one hose that looks just like that under there.

Old 03-09-2008, 11:12 PM
I'm make believe

YOu might be able to get away with not replacing it, but it would make life easier. You should replace intake manifold to head gasket or replace it with a spacer while your at it.

Old 03-09-2008, 11:21 PM
1st Gear

what would you suggest? a gasket or a spacer? i guess this will be a project for next weekend. i need to put that diode on next weekend anyhow.

Quick Reply: vac leak - need help id'ing this hose for a part #. also wtf is this spot?