Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

w/m + chiped 225

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 11:14 AM
1st Gear
Default w/m + chiped 225

Hey guys...got the 225 chipped not to long ago and although the power gain from that was huge i still want more. I went with apr on the chip and am now wondering if i get there "flipswitch" option which lets me have two ecu programs, and got the 100 octane program along with the 93 program that i have now...w/m would let me run the 100 octane program on 93 octane gas right? My idea is basically to run the 93 program most of the time with water meth on (which should result in ZERO timing pull).... and then whenever i want to i could switch it to the 100 octane program for the extra 20-30 hp since 93 octane + w/m should be in the 100-105 octane range. i ALWAYS run 93 octane gas and i would be using ~50/50 w/m... i cant see anything wrong with this idea but i am always skeptical of my ideas haha. would this work and what do you guys think?

Old 10-15-2008, 12:17 PM
I'm make believe

You would need to fine tune the settings with the 100oct program. Its easier if you just use the 93oct file and get a vagcom (whcih you will need anyways) and just bump up the timing 3-4* that way. Plus you still should be able to increase the boost to 24psi if you feel like it.

Old 10-15-2008, 10:40 PM
1st Gear

so ive been doing a lot of research lately on tuning and how to maximize what i have/ will have on my 225. I have looked at as much info on vag com etc. as i can without my head exploding trying to figure it out. I want to run my apr 93 octane program with w/m and maximize it. So correct me if this is wrong...but i need a vag com cable...able to support the freeware version of vag com (release 409.1 i believe)...and vag com installed on my computer (to monitor timing pull mainly)....and then use lemmi with that same cable to add timing untill the timing pull starts to go up. So if that is correct then i just was wondering if the freeware version of vag com allows you to monitor timing pull by the ecu? and then what just add a little timing in lemmi (or can freeware vag com do that?)....then log it...add a little more....log and repeat till i find the "correct" amount? sorry if i am ignorant...not trying to be...more curious than anything

Old 10-15-2008, 11:00 PM
I'm make believe

Im not sure what all the old version with cheap cable will let you do. I just went ahead and got the hex-usb so i didnt have to worry about wasting money and have access to everything and faster datalogging. But yes, you have the basics. You need the cable and ross-tech sw to log timing advance and pull. You can add timing in lemmiwinks/unisettings/eurodyne me7 sw with increases of .75* at a time till you see no more than 6* of pull in any cyl.

Old 10-15-2008, 11:50 PM
1st Gear

Ok well the freeware version says it only lets you measure and log blocks 001-025......so do you or does anyone out there know/can look up what block i would need to measure to view timing pull....because if it isnt in the first 25 blocks i gotta get the full version... and drop a couple hundred bucks....which i am really trying to avoid. Anyone who has viewed timing pull in vag com know what block number it is?

Old 10-16-2008, 12:05 AM
I'm make believe

011 is BTDC with rpm
020 is pull/cyl

so you will be fine using the free 409

Old 10-16-2008, 12:52 PM
1st Gear

wow...thank you so much...

Old 10-16-2008, 02:43 PM
1st Gear

sorry to jack the thread but i too am getting the apr tune and water meth, I have a vagcom. How do i monitor the timing and how do i know how much to turn it up. Also i should get a mbc correct so i can turn the boost up to like 24 as someone mentioned with the w/m and then adjust the timing for the real gains?

Old 10-16-2008, 03:02 PM
1st Gear

well im no cincyTT....and im sure he will either confirm or correct me...but your gonna run vag com and log/view your timing pull in each cylinder (block 020 im told)....the ecu CAN pull UP TO 12 degrees i believe out to prevent damage, but you dont want it do be pulling more than about 6 to be safe...if you are running w/m with your 93 file with good gas you should not have much timing pull if any...so then you can add timing until the highest pull in any cylinder is ~6 degrees....and that should give you your power gains. Also i think that you are good to go on turning the boost up with the mbc since the apr tune is hiding the boost already kinda like a diode. thats my 2 cents...cincy got any thoughts ? lol

Old 10-16-2008, 03:42 PM
1st Gear

That makes sense, but just to fulfill my own curiosity how does increasing timing increase power, like internals wise.

Quick Reply: w/m + chiped 225