Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

WET Passenger floor!!!!

Old 07-27-2007, 11:35 AM
Default WET Passenger floor!!!!

I've been noticing my passenger side floor in my roadster has been getting soaked with water. I keep on hearing about cleaning the drains, but to be honest not quite sure where there at in the rear of the engine compartment. If some one can post up some pictures or mabey a link on how to clean these drains, and where exactly located would be appreciated.

ANOTHER NOTE; I noticed that the plastic piece underneath the winshield wipers, that covers the compartment of the rear of the engine, wasn't securely fastened correctly to the base of the window, it snaps in to place, so I secured correctly to the window. Because it was on the passenger side, i'm assuming that was the cause of the leak, I would like someones take on this. Thanx!!!!

Old 07-27-2007, 11:50 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: WET Passenger floor!!!!

If you had your car chipped. They probably had to take that off and its a bitch to get it to stay on. Ever since i got mine done it hasnt stayed shut. I'm thinking of taping it down. But I have no leaks, maybe its your roof

Old 07-27-2007, 11:56 AM

no it aint the roof. nor is it chipped

Old 07-27-2007, 12:08 PM

its a rag top isnt it suposed to leak J/K,
sit in the car with the roof up and get someone to hose the car then you cpuld probly see where its coming in from

Old 07-27-2007, 12:09 PM

ORIGINAL: avant80@2.6

its a rag top isnt it suposed to leak J/K,
sit in the car with the roof up and get someone to hose the car then you could probly see where its coming in from

Old 07-27-2007, 12:11 PM

hmmmm interesting I did an edit because of a miss spell and that's what happened[:-] Internet is getting slow here so I might watch a few films

Old 08-13-2007, 04:38 PM
1st Gear

Three things to look for that I know of:

1. A/C condensation drain may get plugged causing water to flow into the cab.

2. There are drains at the rear of the engine compartment that drain water running off the windshield through the grille at the back of the hood. If these get plugged I'm told the water will make its way inside the car.

3. Check the alignment of the tops of the windows with the rubber seal on the underside of the outside edges of the rag top. Look at both sides and compare them. In my case one is out of alignment and the window is 'beside' the lip of the rubber seal instead of under it. Dealer says window alignment is adjustable.

Old 02-12-2017, 12:09 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by lwestatbus
Three things to look for that I know of:

1. A/C condensation drain may get plugged causing water to flow into the cab.

2. There are drains at the rear of the engine compartment that drain water running off the windshield through the grille at the back of the hood. If these get plugged I'm told the water will make its way inside the car.

3. Check the alignment of the tops of the windows with the rubber seal on the underside of the outside edges of the rag top. Look at both sides and compare them. In my case one is out of alignment and the window is 'beside' the lip of the rubber seal instead of under it. Dealer says window alignment is adjustable.
I know this was many years ago, but just in case you're still out there...for option number 2, where are those drain holes specifically.....anyone...I don't see them.

Old 03-30-2017, 09:45 PM
1st Gear

check the battery pan on the firewall there is a drain hole there if it gets clogged water will come inside the car flooding the passenger side floor and that is where your transmission computer, that is not a good thing

Old 04-02-2017, 06:46 PM
1st Gear

My recent repo purchase had this problem, drain hole plugged and a fried TCM, luckily they are cheap.

Name:  20170331_213138_zpsxhnjkfwb.jpg
Views: 4428
Size:  346.0 KB

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: WET Passenger floor!!!!