Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

What do you pay a month for insurrance?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 02:51 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: What do you pay a month for insurance?

ORIGINAL: eliTTe

ORIGINAL: mattr7786

paying 351 a month for full coverage on a 01 s4 and im 20 with a couple tickets and sr-22.....
Ouch!

-I'm 18 with a 225TT
-3 points from a ticket
-$ 770 every 3 months = $3,080 a year for full coverage
yeah but that is the best i could find the rest were 500 a month for 6 months through liek allstate and state farm and i ended up finding this company AIG insuarance and i am getting full coverage 351 a month for 5 months and my premium is 2041 for 6 months 4200 a year!!!

and yeah it sucks but what can you do???

Old 02-12-2007, 04:58 AM
cmh

Ride: 2001 180 quattro
Record: clean
Cost: $35.00 a month (with multi-car discount and bare minimum coverage)

Old 02-12-2007, 05:01 AM
4th Gear

Look to driving a lesser risk car until you get your driving record back on track might be a good start. Honda's are good... lol...

You have to understand, Matt- insurance is all about risk and liability.

You are only 22 with 2 tickets and a SR22 (meaning you need special permission to drive due to accidents or DUI's - thus adding to your "risk" factor). So essentially, you are your own worst enemy here, mate.

SR22's will literally kill you insurance-wise when it comes to payments... Stay careful and in a few years - mostly 3 - all that will change, unless you prove to the powers that be that you are truly the risk they label you to be - then this will be a burden you will continue to bare...

Old 02-12-2007, 11:00 AM
2nd Gear

I had an SR22 from 19 until 22 it was HORRIBLE. At that point I was paying $300 a month for full coverage insurrance. It SUCKED. I made the choice at 19 to drive un-insurred and hit someone.... biggest mistake of my life yet...took me 3 years to pay the guy off while paying outragious insurrance.

My only suggestion to every driver here...ALWAYS under all costs drive with insurrance...or dont drive at all...its seriously NOT worth the risk...yeah so you get buy for a few months....but WAM one day... your toast...not life wise but finically ...i had to work 2 jobs just so I could have a car ...and stay in college...

guess im glad I learned young....

Old 02-12-2007, 01:52 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Palindari

Look to driving a lesser risk car until you get your driving record back on track might be a good start. Honda's are good... lol...

You have to understand, Matt- insurance is all about risk and liability.

You are only 22 with 2 tickets and a SR22 (meaning you need special permission to drive due to accidents or DUI's - thus adding to your "risk" factor). So essentially, you are your own worst enemy here, mate.

SR22's will literally kill you insurance-wise when it comes to payments... Stay careful and in a few years - mostly 3 - all that will change, unless you prove to the powers that be that you are truly the risk they label you to be - then this will be a burden you will continue to bare...
ok first off let me start by asking you?? did you really tell me to drive a honda??? well let me startr by saying the sr-22 is not that much it is only an extra 30 dollars on top of my premium....i pay so much cause i am 20 years old driving a 01 s4....that is a risk right there.....and I WILL NEVER GET RID OF MY S4 FOR A DAMN HONDA.....i cannot believe you said that...i feel disrespected....

Old 02-12-2007, 03:04 PM
3rd Gear

hmmm ya S4 for honda.... I would make fun of you for that trade in. Maybe if it was all riced out with a big wing then it wouldnt be so bad... lol im just playing guys

Old 02-12-2007, 03:28 PM
2nd Gear

Ride: 02 225 quatro
Reside: Atl Ga
Insurance: $125/mnth
History: Couple speed tix, never saw my insurance. Totaled my jetta this past Dec. Never saw my insurance(yet). My tt is only 8 dollars more than my jetta was.

Old 02-12-2007, 04:22 PM
2nd Gear

so all this talk of insurrance has come to light for me, I guess my girlfriend just got hit in my mercedes...some drunk hit her in the middle of downtown going like 70...hit her so hard...that he slid...hit another car...then went into a building. (for those of you who know sioux falls, it was the el-rad shrine building by kelo or ksfy (i forget)

Old 02-12-2007, 04:40 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: mattr7786
ok first off let me start by asking you?? did you really tell me to drive a honda??? well let me startr by saying the sr-22 is not that much it is only an extra 30 dollars on top of my premium....i pay so much cause i am 20 years old driving a 01 s4....that is a risk right there.....and I WILL NEVER GET RID OF MY S4 FOR A DAMN HONDA.....i cannot believe you said that...i feel disrespected....
With all due respect, mate, drive whatever you like - it's a free country. And yes, I did suggest a Honda only because it would help you insurance wise. Like you, I would never give up an S4 for a Honda - but you drive whatever you can afford - me? If I were required to pay $4k a year for the privledge to drive it - I'd wait - but that's me being practical... [8D]

Btw, if you're SR22 is only adding $30 to your insurance - then those two tickets must be doozies! Because my son of 19 drives a 06Cobalt SS- two tickets - in California - and still only pays $148 a month for full coverage. But it's killing him with the car payments as well... lol

He's thinking Honda about now... lol...

Old 02-12-2007, 05:09 PM
2nd Gear

yea well i will never give up audi s4for honda no matter what it takes.....lol....thats just me though....ok i lied i have a few more tickets.....lol....i have driving on a suspended,transpo of alcohol by minor,wreckless driving,disobeying a police officer..all stemming from one pursuit when i was 16...still kicking me in the ***....but it will go down after this 6 months it will drop a hefty amount cause all those tickets and offenses will drop off my record after 5 years.....so hoptfully when those drop off my inusrance premium will drop.....haha and yeah 225tt if i was to trade in my s4 i would want a civic just like every1 else with a flaming paint job and a HUGE wing and dropped on the ground with pink lights underneath...otherwise it is no trade...haha i love those ricers....

Quick Reply: What do you pay a month for insurrance?