Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Why cant I get the pssh cound out of my DV "BOV"

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 11:53 PM
1st Gear
Default Why cant I get the pssh cound out of my DV "BOV"

I know and I'm sure that this question has been asked and answered, but I can't seem to find a post. Anyway I have a forged 007 dv and I dont get any psssh soubd out of it, why is that? Is it because its recirculating? If so how can I make it recirculate and get the sound at the same time? Do I have to buy another BOV? If I use a MBC what is the max boost that I can use? Im running a FMIC and APR chip! Im a newbie with this stuff. Just let me know thanks

Old 03-16-2007, 12:17 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Why cant I get the pssh cound out of my DV "BOV"

Put a intake on and you'll hear it better, your car is not designed to run a vented to air BOV... the intake will liven up the sound of your DV but thats about all you can do, it should give you a nice WHOOSH sound

Old 03-16-2007, 01:01 AM
1st Gear

+1 on the intake. Sounds much more loud and clear with an intake. I have a forge 007 and it sounded muffled with the stock airbox.

Old 03-16-2007, 01:30 AM

Isn't it because the diverter valve blows the excess into the air box instead of the athmosphere and thus no phsss sound?
However a Blow Off Valve will make the PHSSST sound quite loud. Please correct me if im wrong

Old 03-16-2007, 01:34 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: tresspaser

Isn't it because the diverter valve blows the excess into the air box instead of the athmosphere and thus no phsss sound?
However a Blow Off Valve will make the PHSSST sound quite loud. Please correct me if im wrong
Yes you are correct, and since you have a MAF if you let it off in the atmosphere it will run rich... so you have to divert it to the TIP.

Old 03-16-2007, 02:24 AM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: eliTTe

Yes you are correct, and since you have a MAF if you let it off in the atmosphere it will run rich... so you have to divert it to the TIP.

OOOHHHH REALLY! Please enlighten me further! lol

but for a dv the best way to get sound is by doing...

Old 03-16-2007, 03:00 AM
2nd Gear

I'm not even going to start, haha [:-]

Old 03-16-2007, 03:11 AM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: eliTTe

I'm not even going to start, haha [:-]
Good, i was just playing. If you dont know what you are doinga BOV is a... [sm=badidea.gif]

Old 03-16-2007, 03:14 PM
1st Gear

well in my understanding correct me if i am wrong most intake systems dont allow the dv valve hose to be connected into the intake there for letting it into the atmosphere. right? So any intake will cause your car to run rich

Old 03-16-2007, 03:24 PM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: myrodhTT

well in my understanding correct me if i am wrong most intake systems dont allow the dv valve hose to be connected into the intake there for letting it into the atmosphere. right? So any intake will cause your car to run rich
The dv recirculates the compressed air back into the intake so it releaves the pressure in the intercooler piping since the throttle body is shut. If not, the compressed air would have no place to go and damage the turbo by trying to stop its spinning. By venting off the compressed air the wheels in the turbo continue to spin allowing them no to be damaged and quicker spoolups after a shift. The air is then taken in behind the maf that has already metered it so the ecu knows that it is still there.

and since the car has a maf (mass air flow) meter you are "NOT" suppose to release it to the atomosphere.