Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Wolfgang or XMT kits

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 02:14 PM
1st Gear
Default Wolfgang or XMT kits

Alright i know someone is going to move this thread to the DETAILING section, but sadly nobody ever responds in there and ive waited my time for an answer hahah. SO please for the sake of the 250$ i might spend on this, just let me have this one thread

Aight well i dont know if any you guys are into serious serious detailing, but if you are, im between two full out kits that give you the buffer, solutions, pads..you name it, its got it

Im between the Wolfgang and XMT kits. Problem is i dont know which is better or gets the best results. Second, the XMT kit has levels (light, intermediate, heavy) for swirl marks and scratches. My car is a 2001 Raven black pearl, but when in the right sunlight, you can see the swirlz marks etc.... i jsut dont wanna get too strong a kit, and screw myself, but at the same time, i dont want to get too light a kit... ill get some pics up here in a while so maybe someone can help me choose.

Old 11-11-2008, 02:54 PM
3rd Gear

black paint like ours is a bitch to clean/detail. I've got little bastard children in my neighborhood that think it's cool to put their dirty little hands on my car. This pisses me off to no end! I know it doesn't help answer your question, but I must RANT! The parents of these little brats think Im "picking on their kids". Some people don't undedstand that we love our cars. You might drive a ****** soccer mom ford SUV, but I don't!

Old 11-11-2008, 03:01 PM
1st Gear

Hahahhaha i hear ya on that, I mean like i say "lookin's for free, touchin's gonna cost ya something"(blades of glory) lol. When i go to class, i purposely park a football field away so no one will wipe their hands down the side hahah. The black is the sexiest i must say and you prolly agree. I also have black interior, so that makes life even harder to keep perfect. Ohh and dont worry abotu the ?, hell, this is better to talk about anyway lol

Last edited by Tmoney; 11-11-2008 at 03:04 PM.
Old 11-11-2008, 06:29 PM
3rd Gear

took the dog out for a walk when I got home today. I counted 10 little bastards leaning on my car. They were using it as "base" during some form of dodgeball. I have had more new scratches in the past month than since I've had the car. So fuchin pissed! I'm loading up the paintball gun with pepper *****. I'm done playing "nice guy"!

Old 11-11-2008, 08:45 PM
1st Gear

hahahahahahahah omg, i bet you were so fudgin pissed!!!!, Im guessin the kids are prolly around ages 7-10 and dont see the true meaning behind the German Sports Car. I like the idea of the paintball gun with pepper *****, lil sons of bitches wont be able to sleep once you get a hit on one of them. Hell the best i could do would be a car cover, but thats just beggin for someone to go , "ohh hey, wonder wats under the cover?" you know lol. Are there any other places you can park it, or are you stuck with it where it is ???

Old 11-11-2008, 09:46 PM
3rd Gear

I've got no choice. I just moved from my house with a garage. Into my girls place, assigned parking in a condo:[

Old 11-11-2008, 09:48 PM
1st Gear

What type of buffer do the kits come with? Is it the porter cable?
For polishing you will need a series of polishes, depending on how bad your paint is.

1)finishing polish (light)
2)intermediate
3)heavy

You will need at least 2 different pads. I use lakecountry pads, (yellow) for removing paint imperfection heavy swirls and oxidation and match that with a intermediate polish. Then you will need a (white) pad to do a final polish and remove hazing left from the more aggressive polish.

I would chose the xmt kit over Wolfgang. Ive used many Pinnacle products and was very pleased, especially the wax. They are pricey but worth every penny.

For your car i would recommend a 2 step polish like i mentioned above. Black is the hardest paint to work with, and I've gotten close to perfect results using that method.

If this is your first car, i would recommend doing a lot of research first. Maybe practice on some scrap yard fenders.

if you have any other questions, just ask

Old 11-11-2008, 09:56 PM
1st Gear

Well this is my first time using a high powered polisher, ive used the cheapo kind they get shinny, but your left with either a buffer trail or more swirls, depending on wat kinda cheapo pad you use haha. If i were to send you pics of my hood and doors, could you tell me which kit to get(light, intermediate, heavy). Ive done lots of research, and ive watched alot of the videos on youtube, but can i screw up with the full kit(includes porter cable 7424... ..Im a perfectionist and i take my time so are there still things to worry bout??

Ohh one more thing, would the hazing from the more abrassive polish leave my car permanantly hazed??? Like after a while, would the haze come back??

Heres the one i was thinkin of getting, i jsut dotn know if i should go Light or intermediate
http://www.superiorcarcare.net/xmtpocaswrek.html

Last edited by Tmoney; 11-11-2008 at 10:08 PM.
Old 11-11-2008, 10:09 PM
1st Gear

If your new to this i would get the porter cable. You cant burn the paint with this type of polisher. hazing is nothing to be worried about, it is normal and can be removed easily with a final polish. No it wont come back lol.
sure sent the pics to my email, ill send it to you by pm.
Its good that your a perfectionist because this is what it takes to detail well.

Old 11-11-2008, 10:37 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by warranty225cpe
I've got no choice. I just moved from my house with a garage. Into my girls place, assigned parking in a condo:[
Well hey i understand, its nice that you sacrificed your ride for your woman's well being. I might have a hard time doing that since i practically see my car as my gf anyway. Wax it up real good and the kids will just fall off of it. That outta show em, or it might just attract them even more.

Quick Reply: Wolfgang or XMT kits