Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

WOT box

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 10:54 PM
1st Gear

Question for you in the videos I watched of it in use if you are using the launch control feature and you stay on the pedal to long before launching it looks like the car starts to backfire does yours do this?

Old 08-24-2008, 12:30 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by exTTreme
Question for you in the videos I watched of it in use if you are using the launch control feature and you stay on the pedal to long before launching it looks like the car starts to backfire does yours do this?
yeah it will... it basically just loads up.

Old 08-24-2008, 02:21 AM
1st Gear

I didn't hold it long enough to let the fuel load up and backfire. I'm sure that would be the result, hope your welds are good haha.

Old 08-24-2008, 11:27 AM
5th Gear

Now, it says it cuts the ignition... this is kind of important, does it actually cut spark completely, or does it seriously retard timing? Semantics maybe, but I'd only consider one of these if it really does cut spark.

Those are the 2 ways to set up a car, and version 2 will actually put A LOT of heat into your turbo (bad) if you hold it too long. Complete ignition cut is much better, you're feeding unburned fuel and air into the turbo, which is much cooler, but at the same time, hitting a hot turbine will cause the mix to burn, spooling the turbo.

Im asking you guys, but I should probably just be posting to that thread on vortex.

Old 08-24-2008, 11:32 AM
5th Gear

nevermind, read down a bit, cuts ignition completely.