B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

'99.5 A4 1.8TQ on Ebay

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2004, 12:42 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: '99.5 A4 1.8TQ on Ebay

The color of the car is awsome, but the bumper lip thing is haggard and the wheels i really dont care for but thats my opinion. Id rather drive my 92 honda accord 365 days of the year rather than that car with the cancer coming off the front of it.

Old 10-25-2004, 12:55 AM
3rd Gear

I dunno somethings not right with this car theres no way they would total a new car for just body damage

Old 10-25-2004, 06:25 PM
1st Gear

Wow, you guys are hysterical! Obviously, you feel the same way about the bumper that I do. I saved some paint to spray a stock one, I just haven't done it yet. If you like the car, but hate the bumper, I am happy to put a new stock, paint-matched bumper on it for $500. The bottom of the stock one was damaged in the accident, and I had the spoiler from a batch of carbon fiber pieces that I ordered from a supplier that I deal with in Germany. So, I threw in on there. I guess I should've just bought a new stock one. Anyway, the mileage is corect. The coilovers, wheels/tires, etc.. are all almost new. You certainly have a right to question the car, as the mileage is pretty damn amazing, but I can tell you with absolute certainty that the car is exactly as I have described it. I used to own and operate a tuning shop in Portland, OR called Cascade Performance Group, I still own and operate www.europartsolutions.com and am responsible for for importing the first 4Motion systems that this continent ever saw, the import of 5 Rallye Golfs, including my own, and have done honest and straight forward business in this industry for almost 10 years. If you have real questions about the car, email me at: nathan@tuningscience.com
And, just for the record, I don't like the bumper either! But, it's what's on the car right now. If you'd feel better about it, I 'll pull the bumper, take $500 off of the price and you don't even have to handle the "rice".

L8R,

Nathan

Oh, by the way, I'll include the stock sport wheels and suspension, which are in perfect shape.

Old 10-25-2004, 06:34 PM
1st Gear

Oh, one more thing. The wheel/tire sizing is well within Audis spec for matching front and rear sizes. It's the same fitment that is used on AWD Porsches.

Cheers,

Nathan

Old 10-25-2004, 06:37 PM
1st Gear

Damn, that's the biggest overbite I've ever seen, and I've been to England!

Old 10-25-2004, 07:22 PM
1st Gear

"Joeypants" - So, let me get his right... your "Rumblin' around on 18x8.5" Ace Zeuses" and you want to comment on a bumper that can be replaced for $500? You must of spent more than that on your chrome pecker extensions... You must not have got the memo about 8 years ago that said "Big Chrome wheels Played Out". If any of you smart asses want to buy the car without the bumper, great. If not, try to refrain from just trashing an other wise very nice car that happens to have a bumper that you think is ugly.

"trailboss" - a '92 Accord? I'm sorry to hear that. Personally, I'd rather drive a '99.5 A4 1.8TQ with NO bumper on it.

"SlimChriz" - Are you an insurance adjuster? No? Then why do you think that you can comment on what an insurance company will write of a car for? The car is EXACTLY as described. 3,400 original miles. Damage was amazingly minimal, although I can confirm that replacing all of the driver's side panels and the roof skin properly was not cheap. You are welcome to post questions about the car, but please try not to question my integrity by saying that "something isn't right" with the car.

"Jestnomen" - what does it make you wonder? How a car can have that many miles? Try sitting in a warehouse for 3 years, only being driven a couple miles a month to charge the battery. Incredible. The mileage is accurate.

"oscar_3" - Thank you for running the CarFax and posting it.

"Nemick" - Yes, the color is original. I had the entire exterior of the car painted. There were some scratches on the passenger side, trunk, and hood from bushes in the wreck. Not telling you that the car had a recon title would make me "dubious", but since I've explained the the entire background off the car, explained the title status, and been totally honest and straight about the car, it makes me feel "comfortable".

L8R,

Nathan

Old 10-25-2004, 07:56 PM
6th Gear

First off lets get something straight. You posted a "for sale" post in the wrong forum. It should have been put in the "for sale" area. We are entitled to our opinions as are you. If you don't like it, then that’s really too bad. I really like the personal attacks, aka "chrome pecker extensions", very mature. Yes the mileage makes me wonder, and with good reason. How many cars, other than high end ones, sit in a warehouse for years? It just doesn't happen very often. Go take yourself and your car and go plow some snow.

Old 10-25-2004, 10:42 PM
1st Gear

Easy Bud... I'm not trying to rock the AudiForum boat or anything. And, yes, I missed the "For Sale" forum, my bad. The ONLY reason I am posting on this board is make people aware of the car on Ebay, not pushing a sale here on your forum. As you said, you are welcome to your opinion about the car, etc... however, I for one, don't appreciate you questioning the accuracy of the mileage. It makes it sound as if I'm being dishonest about it. It questions my integrity. If you honestly felt like you did not beleive the mileage AND were seriously interested in the car, you could email me directly to get the details. The mileage is amazing, yeah I know. It amazes me every time I get in it to take it for a spin around the valley to get the cobwebs off. THAT"S WHY I'M SELLING IT. I DON'T DRIVE IT. I thought, incorrectly it appears, that someone here might appreciate that the car is basically new, is a prime candidate for tuning, and that it has some very nice suspension and wheels on it. The reason I don't spend time here or anywhere else in the "e-world" of VW/Audi forums is that there are way too many people just itching to jump on someones thread and talk trash. If ya don't like something, why waste your time posting your bitter little commentary? Just move on to the next thread... For those that may actually be interested in the car, you can bid on Ebay or email with questions.
Plow some snow? Geez, I'm not sure now to respond. I prefer to plow snow with my truck. It's WAY easier.

Cheers,
Nathan

Old 10-25-2004, 10:54 PM
6th Gear

Understand that with 5 posts your "trust level" isnt exactly very high. I have never seen an Audi of that age with that few of miles, so excuse me if i'm curious. If you don't like our comments, the you also have the choice to breeze on by them.

Old 10-26-2004, 02:50 PM
1st Gear

seriously though, you could clear a nice path thru the snow with a bumper like that. could use it for a cow pusher too i suppose. either way its the most heinous bumper i've ever seen.

Quick Reply: '99.5 A4 1.8TQ on Ebay