B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Alignments for upgraded suspension?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 04:13 AM
2nd Gear
Default Alignments for upgraded suspension?

I heard about Firestone's lifetime alignments for $149, then found out that adding any aftermarket suspension components would void the warranty. Does anyone know of a similar deal anywhere for cars with non-OEM suspension?

Old 06-07-2009, 01:59 AM
1st Gear

Ive got a firestone over here that does a nice little deal for autocrossers. 120 the first alignment, 30 after that.

I need to get an alignment too, new koni coilovers. I want a little better than stock turn in on the back though. Anyone?

Old 06-07-2009, 01:09 PM
2nd Gear

Will they still give you that deal after modding your suspension?

Old 06-08-2009, 01:23 AM
Administrator

I would think that if you take your car to them for an alignment, THEN swap out the entire suspension, then take it back in for another alignment and expect it to be free, they'll tell you to go to hell. If you take it to them for an alignment AFTER you swap in the new suspension, I don't think they would mind one way or another?

Old 06-08-2009, 04:01 AM
2nd Gear

Ok, I may have to try that. Thanks.

Couldn't help but notice your location of Sterling, VA. I slept at the Comfort Inn there when I got stuck at Dulles a couple weeks ago on my way home from Maine.

Old 06-08-2009, 07:31 AM
3rd Gear

I got the deal no problem. told him the stock was shot and replaced everything. he said no problem, it didn't matter

Old 06-08-2009, 10:46 AM
2nd Gear

Firestone told you that? They told me that installing any aftermarket suspension parts would void the warranty for their lifetime alignments.

Old 06-08-2009, 03:20 PM
3rd Gear

yeah he said no problem. He even told me that I can come back every day and get it aligned if I wanted to. I had just replaced my control arms and tie rod ends along with the springs and shocks. I just told him that the springs and shocks were on there when I bought the car.

The only thing that he told me they wouldn't do was INSTALL aftermarket parts since they would be responsible if anything went wrong.

There are plenty of Firestones out there, I had to deal with an ******* at one before I told him I'd take my business to the other Firestone down the road. I hope you have another close by, they should do it. That guy is an ***.

Old 06-10-2009, 07:19 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by ObnoxiousDrunk
That guy is an ***.
Lol, I couldn't agree more.

By the way, how much should it cost just for labor to install a front suspension kit?

Old 06-10-2009, 09:30 AM
3rd Gear

that I don't know, I tried 3 local shops by me and all I got was the run around. I was convinced they didn't want to do the work. I did it myself.

I think a mechanic would need the better part of a day.....I'd guess maybe 8 hours if you take it to a good shop. It all depends on what their hourly rate is of course. Maybe someone else can give you a better estimate.

It's not that hard of a job if you are worried about it. Having the right tools makes all the difference. Not having a tight time constraint is also key.

Quick Reply: Alignments for upgraded suspension?