B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Any Thoughts on Vmaxx Coilovers?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 07:26 PM
1st Gear
Default Any Thoughts on Vmaxx Coilovers?

I was wondering how these are quality and comfort wise??? lol

they are priced around 500-600 dollars, which is half of decent coilovers (h&r , KW). are they **** or wut? i know a lot of people here have vmaxx's so im guessing they are decent but are there dampening adjustments on them? for someone who is a daily driver and doesn't track or race but wants to adjust their stance on the vehicle are these good enough or not? i've seen shock and spring sets cost more than these coilovers which scare me. i just don't want that cheap import feel to hit me when im going over little bumps on the road.

plus most reviews i seen about vmaxx coilovers are like "they seem good for now..." or "they look like good quality". so i don't knwo what to think.

Old 04-08-2010, 08:08 PM
vgo
2nd Gear

so many reviews on these.... i would beg for you to search, but a fresh opinion is always good. i seriously was just thinking about mine on the way home. I noticed i dont even feel any difference on ride quality anymore in comparison to my 4x4 status before. But you will notice a difference on the first day you switch to them. They seem bouncey.... But not extreme that you'll want your originals back.

I think the bottom line on these sets are; they are made only for daily driving, soley made for aesthetic. if thats all you care, this is perfect for you, cuz it was enough for me for the price.

btw, you really gotta adjust your driving habits when you go low. Seriously, learn how to slow down on pot holes and dips or you'll bottom out and you'll hate yourself for the rest of the day.

Old 04-08-2010, 08:10 PM
3rd Gear

Every new driver should have a slammed car. I bet it would reduce speeding by 50%.

Old 04-08-2010, 08:43 PM
Super Moderator

Your 600th suspension thread! I love my Vmaxx you probably wont find any reviews on the damping do to that just released this month for the A4 B5. At 1st it seems bouncy but you get used to it. You will have to slow down. And like in all your other threads have been stated it comes down to what you want for driving style.

Old 04-09-2010, 12:50 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by chocalotstarfish
Your 600th suspension thread! I love my Vmaxx you probably wont find any reviews on the damping do to that just released this month for the A4 B5. At 1st it seems bouncy but you get used to it. You will have to slow down. And like in all your other threads have been stated it comes down to what you want for driving style.
LOL i know ya'll hate me for this but hey...im actually going to get these now. see... you all have just saved me 600+ dollars. woot woot. time to slam my ride.

Old 04-09-2010, 12:54 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by vgo
so many reviews on these.... i would beg for you to search, but a fresh opinion is always good. i seriously was just thinking about mine on the way home. I noticed i dont even feel any difference on ride quality anymore in comparison to my 4x4 status before. But you will notice a difference on the first day you switch to them. They seem bouncey.... But not extreme that you'll want your originals back.

I think the bottom line on these sets are; they are made only for daily driving, soley made for aesthetic. if thats all you care, this is perfect for you, cuz it was enough for me for the price.

btw, you really gotta adjust your driving habits when you go low. Seriously, learn how to slow down on pot holes and dips or you'll bottom out and you'll hate yourself for the rest of the day.
just pulled this quote from a VW forum

"how long have you been riding on them, the rears may settle and go a little lower than pictured. Your car looks good, vmaxx are frowned upon in the B5 A4 community but it seems as though they make a better setup for you .:R guys"

see what i mean.

oh yeah and i have been watching my driving ever since i got my b5. my right upper front control arm has "play" in it. which means it will progressively get worse. so i watch my driving until i can afford enough to replace my CA's. only thing i gotta worry about is that in SoCal there are millons and millions of dips without warning. so you won't notice some dips until about 20 ft ahead of you. but i heard awesome reviews from VW people about these. plus you guys approve so im going to join the club and copy you.

Last edited by rawdney88; 04-09-2010 at 12:59 AM.
Old 04-09-2010, 01:15 AM
4th Gear

wait for the megan coilovers..... they are very nice, mine arent even set up stiff they are at 18 and 14 and they arent bouncy at all... adjusting the height is super easy... thats just my 2 cents... then again i dont even know if they will be released this year haha.... ooh and theyre 1100 bux too

Old 04-09-2010, 01:27 AM
2nd Gear

I have v-maxx...they are great. Jump on um and order them. You wont regret it.

Old 04-09-2010, 01:29 AM
Administrator

You said on your previous post that money wasn't an issue. Why not go for air ride?

Old 04-09-2010, 01:57 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by kriptonik
You said on your previous post that money wasn't an issue. Why not go for air ride?
wouldn't go for an air ride because it is a 98 audi. its about 12 years old and i feel i can do better with 3-4 grand on an aging stock audi.

Quick Reply: Any Thoughts on Vmaxx Coilovers?