B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Any way this would work??? (good deals for FWD guys)

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 05:29 PM
1st Gear

Thats crazy that you're getting it so cheap! well done Post pics when you get it!

I went outside this morning to see what my muffler looks like, and I don't see any easy way of making either of the units fit. My muffler sits right behind the bumper and really short tips.... the ones at ECS look like they mount by where the rear axel is and have really long tips, and the inlet looks like it would be hard to make work (assuming the pics on the website are the actual unit). I don't think I am up for that much modification, oh well.

Old 12-14-2009, 05:38 PM
3rd Gear

I looked at the photos and my muffler as well. I think the photos look deceiving. I'm hoping it will fit though. Even if the outlet pipes are too long, I'll hack 'em down and have a buddy of mine re-weld them. Hell for $55, I don't mind trying.

I'll post pics when the box arrives, hopefully it'll ship quick. The exhaust shop is going to look at my system tomorrow and will work on what needs fixing on Wednesday. It shipped today, maybe I'll get lucky.

Old 12-14-2009, 06:21 PM
4th Gear

when they called u was it from a unknown number or an actual number showed up? ive gotten 2 calls today from unknown numbers and i jsut ignore them

Old 12-14-2009, 06:38 PM
3rd Gear

I live in NJ and have Cablevision phone internet and cable service. I'm able to see who is calling on my television when they call. It showed:

ECS Tuning
330-331-2003

Their number should show on caller id......

Old 12-14-2009, 07:04 PM
4th Gear

ooh haha mine shows "unknown number" haha... prolly just bill collectors lol... but either way im REALLY hpoing this gives the car a lil more sound.. and especially since its an oem exhaust type thing i hope its just oem LOOKING but its like got magnaflow sound hahaha.. i mean honestly it better be something better than all stock.. cuz their list price is almost a grand for the 2.8 so why would they charge that much for something 10000% stock? hpoefully my logic makes sense and we get a hella good deal on a great sounding muffler

Old 12-14-2009, 07:11 PM
3rd Gear

I agree with you 100% on that. I knew I needed to address my exhaust situation pretty soon. the offer just made me jump. I wasn't going to try to find the lowest price for a magnaflow just to get decent sound. I just want something that resembles stock and maybe sounds a little better.

That being said, I hope to take pictures of the old exhaust as it will no doubt be sitting on a shop floor in a few days. Cancer has taken the life of my exhaust. Can't wait for this to be done, I drove all day today with a horrible leak....I can't believe how much power you lose when the exhaust isn't routed properly.

Hoping to get a decent quote on getting all the work done. Can't wait to see how big this bill might be.....

Old 12-14-2009, 07:20 PM
4th Gear

well im just hoping its not something that has to be welded.. it shows brackets and clamps so im hpoing its just a pull off the old and connect the new like my q45 was

Old 12-14-2009, 07:26 PM
3rd Gear

it should be that straight forward. I'm waiting to see if there is any appreciable difference between a FWD muffler and a quattro muffler.

Old 12-14-2009, 07:46 PM
4th Gear

well the biggest difference i would think would be the bends... since us FWD dont have a rear axle its prolly just a straight through pipe.. but the quattro im guessing would be and up and over type mandrel bent thing

Old 12-14-2009, 08:17 PM
1st Gear

just saw this....it should work for my b4 90 fwd 2.8 12v as well right????

Quick Reply: Any way this would work??? (good deals for FWD guys)