B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Belly Pan Screws

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 07:35 PM
1st Gear
Default Belly Pan Screws

So when I got my 01 A4 Avant, there were only 3 screws holding the belly pan on. Not a big deal, but I hear a rattle over bumps and a quick inspection down there only the edges of the belly pan were loose. Simple enough fix, get some more of those special screws with the cork screw like thread and very wide flat head.

Called my local Audi dealer and they want $8 each for those screws!!! They have got to be kidding, really?

Anyway, thought I'd ask here before heading over to the dealer. Anyone know of a more reasonable source for these screws? Or anyone have the part number or a VW part number as a cross reference?

Thanks

Old 06-17-2014, 08:59 PM
2nd Gear

Try another dealer if there's another nearby, I paid around $3-4 per screw. Or get a few with your next online parts order, whenever that happens, and use zipties in the meantime. I don't know the part number off the top of my head, but AFAIK OEM is the only option so the dealership parts guy or ECS would be your best bet. Check the spot where they thread into too, my car was missing a few of the speed nuts or whatever they're called when I bought it, and a couple were so badly rusted that they were useless. They're another $4-5 apiece.

Old 06-17-2014, 10:32 PM
2nd Gear

2.50 per screw here. But you gotta throw in some oil filters or something like that to make sense of the shipping.

Audi B5 A4 Quattro V6 30v Exterior Body Belly Pan - 8D0805121B - Dowel Pin - Priced Each - ES#2608066

Old 06-18-2014, 12:22 AM
1st Gear

Thanks guys. Looks like these are available at a much better price than from this dealer online. The local parts store told me there were a dealer only item but not too expensive as they just got some for someone. Looks like they can sell them much cheaper than the dealer will sell them to me for. (This local Audi dealer is known in the area for gouging customers. Makes for quite a few good independent shops)

Looks like there are 3 slightly different "Dowel Pins" like this. One for the front belly pan attachment. Another of slightly different length for the rear center attachment. And yet a third for the outside wheel well attachments. At least that is what I am seeing on the on-line parts diagrams. Can anyone confirm this???

TIA

Old 06-18-2014, 11:01 AM
2nd Gear

There's only 2 kinds, my copy of ETKA shows the same part number for all the lower screws, maybe they were different at one point but not anymore. I also just noticed that there's supposed to be a rubber washer between the belly pan and subframe on the 3 rear attachment points, but maybe that's only used if you have the 2nd belly pan under the trans (probably a Euro thing). There's also a lock washer for each wheel well screw, I've done just fine without them but they're cheap so you might as well grab them if they're missing.

Old 06-18-2014, 02:19 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Mad Cow
I also just noticed that there's supposed to be a rubber washer between the belly pan and subframe on the 3 rear attachment points, but maybe that's only used if you have the 2nd belly pan under the trans (probably a Euro thing).

I know we're beating this to death, but my US spec 99.5 has the rubber washers. I think they are just to hold the blot in the pan when you take it off so you don't lose them.h

Old 06-18-2014, 03:34 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by mtroxel
I know we're beating this to death, but my US spec 99.5 has the rubber washers. I think they are just to hold the blot in the pan when you take it off so you don't lose them.h
That makes sense, I've always found it annoying to have to wedge the belly pan up with my elbow while trying to align it before putting in the bolt.

Old 06-19-2014, 10:21 PM
2nd Gear

Mine is held up with only 2 screws I believe and that bracket in the back. Oh and zip tips! You can't see them so who cares.