B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

car stolen...joy riden then crashed..need advice

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 01:25 AM
Administrator

Please keep it on subject. I'll be watching this thread.

OP - Sorry for what happened. 1996-1999 are pre-facelift and 1999.5-2001.5 are facelifted. The main difference would be the headlights (two-piece and one-piece) and also the fenders are a little different. The pre-facelift have smaller side markers and also has Audi logos on the sides.

Best of luck to you.

Old 12-09-2009, 01:32 AM
2nd Gear

Your insurance only goes up when you're at fault for something. Friggin report it, seriously. You might have to have some evidence, though.

Old 12-09-2009, 02:42 AM
1st Gear

you probably should have reported it just to be safe, it doesn't necessarily mean you need to make an insurance claim, it just makes it a lot easier if you decide to. It doesn't sound like it would be that bad to fix. However, if you decide not to, or make a claim and it gets totaled let me know, I'd probably be interested in buying it from you for a project.

Old 12-09-2009, 10:05 AM
1st Gear

phil, im crying...

i probably wont report it or make a claim...i think i may just part out or sell to junk yard or as a project. the car is realllly nice in side, and everywhere where there isnt damage.

if it wasnt winter i might try to fix it my self. but just to be clear since both cars are prefacelift,( mine is 99 not 99.5) i can swap out the body panels?

and idk how it is in other states, or if you most of you know but there is something called a Clue(sp?) report. and it documents and reported damage, theft, loss, accident to a vehicle by any authorized person, be it police, certified mechanic or insurance companies.

so calling the cops and not insurance doesnt guarantee that insurance wont find out...my sister found that out the hard way

Old 12-09-2009, 10:32 AM
1st Gear

Phil, Is there a reason you are such a dick to everyone? Just keep your mouth shut no one wants that ****. I hope someone steals your car and wrecks it.

Old 12-09-2009, 10:46 AM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by kbrookst
phil, im crying...

i probably wont report it or make a claim...i think i may just part out or sell to junk yard or as a project. the car is realllly nice in side, and everywhere where there isnt damage.

if it wasnt winter i might try to fix it my self. but just to be clear since both cars are prefacelift,( mine is 99 not 99.5) i can swap out the body panels?

and idk how it is in other states, or if you most of you know but there is something called a Clue(sp?) report. and it documents and reported damage, theft, loss, accident to a vehicle by any authorized person, be it police, certified mechanic or insurance companies.

so calling the cops and not insurance doesnt guarantee that insurance wont find out...my sister found that out the hard way

Yes you can change out some of the parts, if your subframe is damaged you wont be able to use the one off of the 2.8 since it is different then the 1.8 unless you decide to use the driverside transmission mount/bracket too.

You might want to check around on the forums for the parts you need to replace because there are plenty people parting out their cars too. You could also find the parts really cheap at a "pick and pull" junk yard.

Insurance rates only go up if you are at fault or if you get points on your driving record, if someone in fact did try to steal the car and wrecked it doing so then your insurance rate would not have gone up after reporting it.

Last edited by Mike-2ptzero; 12-09-2009 at 10:50 AM.
Old 12-09-2009, 02:14 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Mr. Phil
hope ur nxt cr gets wrecked too
Dude you're a complete ***. You hope his car gets wrecked because he didn't do things the way you think he should have? I could only hope someone steals your car and runs you over with it so we don't have to deal with world class asses like you anymore.

OP: I would post to you but I think the decent people on this forum are steering you right.

Last edited by jiggleo; 12-09-2009 at 02:17 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 03:51 PM
4th Gear

ur all a buncha douche bags... and someone did steal my other car and wrecked it... but instead of crying on the internet i called the cops and got it fixed and paid and did what you are supposed to do...

and dont say he didnt come looking for a pity party either, cuz if he didnt then he would have jsut said hey front end is messed up can i switch out parts... but he had to add the car stolen and all the useless info so we would feel sorry for him... its his own ******* fault for having stupid *** drunk friends

Old 12-09-2009, 04:07 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by spcmky
Phil, Is there a reason you are such a dick to everyone? Just keep your mouth shut no one wants that ****. I hope someone steals your car and wrecks it.
Hahaha i Agree.

And phile i highly doubt someone will ever steal your car its a pos belong in a junkyard with a bunch of honda's you couldnt pay me enough to drive that pos

Old 12-09-2009, 04:35 PM
4th Gear

ahahaha at least i own my car and dont live with mommy and daddy... heaven forbid i live in the real world and have bills to pay and dont put all my money into my car anymore... and the car that was stolen wasnt my audi u dumb redneck

Quick Reply: car stolen...joy riden then crashed..need advice