B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Carbonio Intake Install

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 02:54 PM
1st Gear
Default Carbonio Intake Install

So I'm installing my recently purchased Carbonio intake this weekend and wanted to see if there are any recommendations people have to watch out for. I know it is supposed to be an easy install, I just wanted to see if there were any things that people ran into that they weren't expecting.

Thanks in advance!

Old 05-30-2013, 03:05 PM
Site Moderator/B5 Tech Guru

It's pretty straightforward. I had to cut a bit from the front of the heat shield to allow the MAF to fit. I sealed the edge around the opening I cut with some hardening clay, held up fine for 3 years now.

It will take some fitting to get the height correct so it lines up with the hood seal.

Post some pictures when you're done.

Old 05-30-2013, 03:08 PM
2nd Gear

Very easy install, I don't know if you are going to have the same problem but my cover wouldn't fit so I had to disconnect the one of the fuel line brackets and move the fuel lines over about 1/2". Other then that it's an easy install

Oh and I had to grind one of the screws on the maf so it would sit flush

Old 05-30-2013, 03:49 PM
1st Gear

Thanks guys! I figured it was easy. I really wasn't concerned at all but was curious about anything others have run into. I'm super pumped to get it on and see the results. I am also going to be on a hunt to find a vacuum leak because my boost is wayyyyy off. So once I find the leaks I shall be telling you guys how much I love the intake!

Old 05-30-2013, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Pbcrazy
Very easy install, I don't know if you are going to have the same problem but my cover wouldn't fit so I had to disconnect the one of the fuel line brackets and move the fuel lines over about 1/2". Other then that it's an easy install

Oh and I had to grind one of the screws on the maf so it would sit flush
Ah! How could I forget that little detail...the cover was hitting my hard fuel lines as well. I didn't want to get involved with moving the fuel lines around so I trimmed the corner off the cover to clear the lines. Came out perfect.

Old 05-30-2013, 06:26 PM
1st Gear

Okay good to know. Also, looking at it now(it just came in) how the hell does the thing sit in the bay? lol. I just don't understand it. I read the directions and it mentions like one bolt and that's it.

Old 05-30-2013, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by zaboomafoo1212
Okay good to know. Also, looking at it now(it just came in) how the hell does the thing sit in the bay? lol. I just don't understand it. I read the directions and it mentions like one bolt and that's it.
Yes, there is one bolt on the side of the frame that you loosen and slip the heat shield over, that is the height adjustment to get it all lined up. The cover bolts to the top of the heat shield and connects with the plastic snorkel.

Old 05-30-2013, 06:45 PM
1st Gear

Okay that's what I figured. It just seems too easy.

Old 05-30-2013, 07:04 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by BaseDrifter
I didn't want to get involved with moving the fuel lines around so I trimmed the corner off the cover to clear the lines. Came out perfect.
I was the exact opposite, I didn't want to get involved with cutting the cover haha.

Op I think you will enjoy the carbonio, you probably won't see a hp boost but I am pushing 2 psi more and definitely feel more torque (but my air filter was also relatively old so that probably has something to do with it ). I installed a test pipe at the same time as the carbonio and the combination of those two make a very nice whistle with diverter valve sound

Old 05-30-2013, 07:06 PM
2nd Gear

And instructions should you need them:
http://www.goapr.com/support/Audi_B5...structions.pdf

Quick Reply: Carbonio Intake Install