EPC light - Page 2 - AudiForums.com

B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Old 01-06-2017, 07:01 PM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by A4 2000 View Post
I was cruising home on the freeway today and the engine jolted really bad and I lost all throttle response. The EPC light turned on and I pulled over and thought the engine had turned off but the rpm's dropped down to idle speed but the idle was so rough it was shaking the whole car. The weird thing next was that I turned off the ignition and then started the car right up with the engine then running beautifully and the light disappeared. I drove all the way home with no problems. I'd like to understand what the hell happened and if this is likely to happen again.

So EPC stands for electronic power control right? Does this originate from the ecu or is this a sensor related problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA.
Did you find out the cause / fix?
This exact same scenario happened to my daughter's 2000 A4 2.8L Tiptronic

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
left rear running light does not work nor the gauge cluster light at the same time? mannyg_87 Electronics 0 02-23-2015 03:08 PM
01 a6 quattro 2.7T Tail light, fog light, and side marker light question. crazybk187 Exterior 0 08-05-2013 04:29 PM
B5 Audi a4 High mount brake light (third bake light), light replacement??? Pbcrazy B5 Models 7 09-07-2012 04:25 PM
Check Engine Light, ESP Light, And EPC Light MULEPERFORMANCE B6 Models 4 02-23-2010 06:31 PM
Check Engine Light & ABS Light and Flashing Brake Light blanthony Audi A6 1 03-25-2006 01:18 PM

Tags
2000, 2001, 2010, a4, atw, audi, b5, code, control, cruise, engine, epc, light, miami, q7