B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Fmic for stock ko3? (Eventually frankenturbo)

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 08:33 PM
1st Gear

I might be getting a FT very soon if I find out my turbos shittin' the bed. Im curious which company you plan on using for the tune and which file? Whos slappy?

Old 04-23-2013, 09:02 PM
2nd Gear

I don't know about the tune yet, I've heard there are a few franken-specific files out but I have yet to find them. I'm hoping by the time I have the money a big name like giac or apr will have it. Slappy Dunbar-he is the owner/founder of the company, very nice dude. He gives military/teacher discounts which is why it will be about $200 cheaper for me then msrp

Old 04-23-2013, 09:05 PM
2nd Gear

fmic all day dude. got mine off ebay...the lower intake temps are worth it alone. you know the punchy feeling of driving the car early in the morning on a cold day? the fmic keeps the pep in the a4's step as it were. imo their not power adders, but power savers. sheet, go for a 20 minute beat run and feel the intake manifold. then install fmic, and repeat. guarantee you'l feel a difference. i did.

also add a atp test pipe w/ 2 spark plug non foulers for the post catalyst o2 to prevent the pesky cel. my .02 and worth every penny.

Old 04-23-2013, 09:09 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Slowb5
also add a atp test pipe w/ 2 spark plug non foulers for the post catalyst o2 to prevent the pesky cel. my .02 and worth every penny.
I would love to install a test pipe. Love it, but my school administration (high school) hate me with a burning passion and claim I sell drugs, therefore searching my car on a regular basis including engine bay. They are looking for something to bust me for and a test pipe would give it to them. (They are allowed to search on school property, I have no rights)

Old 04-24-2013, 07:15 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Pbcrazy
I would love to install a test pipe. Love it, but my school administration (high school) hate me with a burning passion and claim I sell drugs, therefore searching my car on a regular basis including engine bay. They are looking for something to bust me for and a test pipe would give it to them. (They are allowed to search on school property, I have no rights)
The ****?

Old 04-24-2013, 07:28 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by CCA4
The ****?
Yep, it's complete bullshit. We have talked to lawyers about it and as long as they claim they had a tip they can search me. These are the same people that ripped my ski bag ($500 to replace) and claim they never touched it.

Old 04-24-2013, 07:30 AM
Administrator

Yep, it's complete bullshit. We have talked to lawyers about it and as long as they claim they had a tip they can search me. These are the same people that ripped my ski bag ($500 to replace) and claim they never touched it.
I remember that story. Sounds like a bunch of bullshit. I don't understand how they can have the authority to enforce DOT emission/safety laws though, it has nothing to do with the school

Old 04-24-2013, 08:57 AM
2nd Gear

It is complete bullshit, the problem is when we brought a lawyer in we made it so a police officer has to be present when my car is searched so nothing like the ski bag can happen again. Unfortuanly that backfires because now I can't break any laws without the cop pointing it out.

Old 04-24-2013, 09:00 AM
Administrator

It is complete bullshit, the problem is when we brought a lawyer in we made it so a police officer has to be present when my car is searched so nothing like the ski bag can happen again. Unfortuanly that backfires because now I can't break any laws without the cop pointing it out.
I very much doubt your average uniform cares enough or knows the difference between a catless down pipe and a HF cat, but I see your point. Didn't mean to derail your thread.

Back OT, I suggest picking up a HF cat from RAI. I have their test pipe and the fitment is spot on. The HF cat will pass emissions and still give you some nice Tq/Hp gains, and it should work fine for a frankenturbo when you decide to go that route.

Old 04-24-2013, 09:02 AM
2nd Gear

No problem at all, i doubt an average guy would notice but we often have car meets with some of my friends and a few random people and a few cops always come by to make sure we are all doing legal stuff.

However, I was thinking about taking my stock cat, hit out enough stuff to fit a pipe through it, then weld it to the cat pie that connects to the turbo, and maybe putting a heatshield over top. In theory it would be unnoticeable and look just like my cat. Anybody ever done anything like that?

Quick Reply: Fmic for stock ko3? (Eventually frankenturbo)