B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Front Grille Camera.

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 09:36 AM
1st Gear
Default Front Grille Camera.

Hey guys! I was thinking lately to install a camera in my front grille for my Audi A4 B5TQ Sport. I have a tablet installed on my dashboard(pics below).

The thing is that I want to get the video feed on my tablet so I definitely need a wifi IP camera but I am not quite sure about the quality I am going to get and the FPS. Anyone has tried something like that before??? Any ideas? Hit me up!!

(btw if anyone knows how to get rid of the lamp warnings please do tell)(I changed my headlights and rear lights with LED and since then I get a warning every time I turn them on! and question 2..whats that funky icon next to my clock....like a wifi antenna or something!)

My dashboard atm

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Old 08-06-2012, 09:41 AM

Why exactly do you need a camera in the front of the car? Your looking at what you would see?

To clear the bulb light with LEDs you need to wire in resistors.

What icon are you talking about? the one in the DIS? Looks like a brake pad warning.

Old 08-06-2012, 09:42 AM
Administrator

The little green icon on the face of your tach above the clock indicates that your lights are on. It comes on with your parking lights. You can use resistors to eliminate the bulb out warning, though I forget exactly which ones. It comes on because the LED's you install draw less juice than the halogen bulbs they replaced.

The video cam is a cool idea, I'm interested to see how this turns out!

Old 08-06-2012, 09:44 AM
1st Gear

Record these nice uphills and downhills ofc (not to mention getting it full of snow and all...)and I am talking about the icon which appears right before the watch... on the RPM needle! (Icon)20:43 (local time)

(the DIS shows that my brake lights are not working....)

Guys I am not talking about the obvious stuff!!! I am not that rookie..(most of the times )

Old 08-06-2012, 09:46 AM
vgo
2nd Gear

Why do you need a camera in the front? It would be more practical in the back for everyday use. Either way let us know what you do.

You would have to put a resistor in line with your LED light. Not sure what size you would need.

Could you post picture of your LED headlights against a wall?

Old 08-06-2012, 09:48 AM
Administrator

A lot of people run forward facing cameras so they have evidence of what happened if they get into an accident. Not sure I'd want to watch it on a tablet while I was driving, but having footage of the last 15 or 30 minutes of driving stored someplace couldn't hurt

Old 08-06-2012, 09:51 AM
1st Gear

AudiForums.com - Gasketse's Album: Garage - Gas K Car

Pictures of my car's front and rear...

and think wide... if you could get 1 IP camera working...you could get one on the back..and one on the side and make cool videos

CCA4 I love your thinking.....

(guys any clue about that stupid symbol that ruins my dreams and hopes!!)(I think I got OCD) haha

Last edited by Gasketse; 08-06-2012 at 09:54 AM.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:54 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Gasketse
(guys any clue about that stupid symbol that ruins my dreams and hopes!!)(I think I got OCD) haha
Are you talking about the orange bulb out warning in the center LCD screen, the green headlight indicator on the face of the tach, or the red brake light on the face of the speedo?

Old 08-06-2012, 09:54 AM
vgo
2nd Gear

I hear ya on that. But there is like a $30 dashmount HD camera on ebay (its quite good actually) to make those recordings. I was planning on getting one. It automatically turns on when u start the car. In fact one guy caught a guy trying to do an insurance scam on him.

Camera would get destroyed too if you place it by the front grille.

Old 08-06-2012, 09:58 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by CCA4
Are you talking about the orange bulb out warning in the center LCD screen, the green headlight indicator on the face of the tach, or the red brake light on the face of the speedo?
Why my english are not enough when I am around you CC4A?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Quick Reply: Front Grille Camera.