B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Fuel tank won't let me squirt

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2013, 11:03 AM
2nd Gear

That's crazy! I wonder how the hell someone figured that one out?

Old 11-25-2013, 07:47 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by M5S5
The eggs have to be pulled out. They stick pretty good with the spider webbing material.
You're shitting me...

Old 11-26-2013, 01:15 PM
2nd Gear

Since I've been doing the "just the tip" (pun intended) technique for a while now, yesterday I went ahead and tried to put the whole thing in again (lol - no pun intended that time). It actually worked without any problem. I tried my best to make it fail (jammed it in as far as it would go, rotated it, etc.), but it seems that the gas has finally cleared whatever it is out. I don't know if that has anything to do with changing my fuel filter, but either way: it's resolved.

Old 11-26-2013, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by A4TurboGuy
Since I've been doing the "just the tip" (pun intended) technique for a while now, yesterday I went ahead and tried to put the whole thing in again (lol - no pun intended that time). It actually worked without any problem. I tried my best to make it fail (jammed it in as far as it would go, rotated it, etc.), but it seems that the gas has finally cleared whatever it is out. I don't know if that has anything to do with changing my fuel filter, but either way: it's resolved.
Any thoughts on whether or not weather has an impact?

When it cools down, there will be less vapor pressure from gasoline. Higher vapor pressure may contribute to this problem worsening. Was it much cooler this time when you filled up compared to the last time you "tried to put the whole thing in"?
And have you tried different pumps? This may just be a placebo effect, but I've had "favorite" pumps because they afford me better chances of filling the tank without stopping early.

Old 11-27-2013, 01:05 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by MetalMan

When it cools down, there will be less vapor pressure from gasoline. Higher vapor pressure may contribute to this problem worsening. Was it much cooler this time when you filled up compared to the last time you "tried to put the whole thing in"?
And have you tried different pumps? This may just be a placebo effect, but I've had "favorite" pumps because they afford me better chances of filling the tank without stopping early.
I've only been driving the S4 for about 6-7 fill ups now but I've pretty much had the same experience with all of the pumps I've used. As far as temperature goes... the first time I noticed we didn't get the full volume it was really warm out and every other time it has been pretty cold with no difference... whatever I get that **** full anyway lol

Old 11-27-2013, 11:40 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by MetalMan

The weather in Florida pretty much stays the same (our seasons are: Hot, Really Hot, Raining & Cold-ish).

Coincidentally (and unintentionally) enough, I used the same pump, with relatively similar atmospheric conditions.

So, between Doc's story and mine, we still have no conclusion, but I've been doing the "just the tip" thing for well over a month now (w/many trips to many pumps), so that may be a factor......not to mention the filter replacement.

Old 11-27-2013, 02:43 PM
Tech Certified

Originally Posted by michaelsucre59
Spiders want to conceal presently there eggs inside the gasoline grills inside the tyre properly leading to extreme demand when you use some sort of closed fuel for filler injections nozzle. The eggs must be drawn out and about.
Wow! send me what you are smoking!

Old 11-27-2013, 10:26 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by M5S5
Spiders like to hide there eggs in the fuel vents inside the wheel well causing excessive pressure when using a sealed gas filler nozzle.
But you have to be careful if you squirt on those eggs, they might hatch and then you have little spiders everywhere. Spending your money, not letting you go out on the weekends and generally ruining your car with messes in the back seat.

Old 11-28-2013, 10:35 AM
2nd Gear

You guys are a trip.

Old 12-03-2013, 04:04 PM
2nd Gear

Hahahaha alright **** you guys you're ridiculous

Quick Reply: Fuel tank won't let me squirt