B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Got my chip and I love it

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 06:33 PM
1st Gear
Default Got my chip and I love it

So I couldnt wait to do my TB was too tempting just sitting there in the garage lol if my belt breaks between now and next week I just dont deserve to live. I went with GIAC and im getting between 14-16psi of boost and have been driving like a complete ******* on I-95. Anyway ive noticed in 5th gear at about 3k to 4k rpms when I floor it to pass someone the turbo kicks in but I get these stutters the car will buck a couple times as im accelerating I just wanted to know if this is normal or if something is wrong

Old 11-05-2009, 06:46 PM
3rd Gear

you need to get new plugs most likely. either that or its the cv or wg fluttering. if you dont have an upgraded DV you should get one now.

Old 11-05-2009, 06:57 PM
2nd Gear

hess got that awe dv1 dv.
get new plugs, it sounds like your misfiring. i recommend For Chiped Cars - .028" gap with NGK BKR7E. heres great info on spark plugs
http://www.audigeeks.com/forums/index.php?topic=56.0

Old 11-05-2009, 07:01 PM

Im jelous! I got to try the Revo flash for 5 hours only! In need to be chipped for good now! lol Anyways, ya gap your spark plugs when you get a chance.

Old 11-05-2009, 07:18 PM
2nd Gear

Since I'm a cheapskate, I've got this great plan to make all my friends with GTIs and Jettas and one 240sx (what a tool haha) envious. I'm gonna REVO trial flash my ECU and then drive them around. I'm the only one at the school with an A4 and I'm going to tell them that I upgraded my DV, and switched some wires around (make up some BS) and thats how I'm running 14 PSI stock. This should be fun.

Old 11-05-2009, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by kayakman13
Since I'm a cheapskate, I've got this great plan to make all my friends with GTIs and Jettas and one 240sx (what a tool haha) envious. I'm gonna REVO trial flash my ECU and then drive them around. I'm the only one at the school with an A4 and I'm going to tell them that I upgraded my DV, and switched some wires around (make up some BS) and thats how I'm running 14 PSI stock. This should be fun.
Lol do it!

Old 11-05-2009, 08:57 PM
Administrator

Congrats on the GIAC! I remember my first time getting chipped. It was a feeling I couldn't describe.

Anyway, it's a possibility that your engine mounts are bad.

Old 11-05-2009, 08:58 PM
2nd Gear

Tell them you're using one of those Ebay "chips" (the resistor to make the IAT seem cooler) or one of those air vortex things that you put in your intake piping if you really want it to sound like BS, and then show them the "proof."

Old 11-05-2009, 09:01 PM
Administrator

That'll be pretty funny. Take off some parts of your car and tell them you did some "weight reduction". Also fold in the passenger side mirror when you drive. All the drag from the mirror brings your HP down!

Don't forget to add some hot pink V-TEC sticker.

Old 11-05-2009, 10:20 PM
1st Gear

Yeah im pretty sure its the plugs lol on my way home I remembered I didnt regap them ill try that thanks

Quick Reply: Got my chip and I love it