B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

got in trouble at the audi/porsche dealer today haha

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 12:16 AM
4th Gear
Talking got in trouble at the audi/porsche dealer today haha

ok so as some of u know i went to Audi dealer today and had them perfrom the full car inspection for the 95 dollars... well it took them longer than usual so i got bored... and they always have the showroom floor cars unlocked so u can look at them an what not.. so i see a nice brand new A8.. so of course i go sit in it.. start messing around with buttons and the nav and stereo and all that **** and my roommate in all his infinite wisdom was like hey push the engine start button haha.. soo of course i did... and i guess the lil sensor thing that u can use if u dont wanna put the key in the ignition was very close by cuz the car started up... granted it sound mean and deep... but i got like 4 Audi salesmen running at me thinking i was gonna steal the car lol... needless to say they took the remote and lock it up on the other side of the showroom haha

so then i wandered over to the Porsche part of the dealership, and low and behold in the showroom they have a 2010 911 GT3... black with porsche yellow calipers and seatbelts and stitching it was nice.. ($145,000) so i walk around loking at it, a salesman asks if he can help me, i explain im waiting on service in audi and he says ok but dont walk so close to the car... so as soon as he goes back to the other side of the showroom.. i pull the handle and the car was unlocked! sweeet!!! so of course i sit in the car and almost melt lol... but jsut before i blow my load the guy comes hustling over there and is like u need to get out now so i ask him why, the door was open whats the big deal... he then tells me that this is brand new and it jsut got delivered and nobody has even test drove it yet... so then i point out to him the odometer reads 117 miles already and he flipped the **** out and called his boss and then he fliped out and they called the transport company haha... it was very funny...

i jsut wanted to share my comedy at the dealership today haha

Old 09-16-2009, 01:30 AM
1st Gear
Talking

i would of stole the A8...lol

Old 09-16-2009, 01:49 AM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Mr. Phil
he then tells me that this is brand new and it jsut got delivered and nobody has even test drove it yet... so then i point out to him the odometer reads 117 miles already and he flipped the **** out and called his boss and then he fliped out and they called the transport company haha...
B.S. As part of the Porsche pre-delivery inspection, a road-test is required. The engine is run for about 30 minutes before being placed in it's chassis. After the car is completed, it is test-driven in Germany and the computers are shut down into a transport mode. From there, they go to a train, then to a boat. When they get to the U.S., the car is again inspected at port and driven to another train or truck. When it arrives at a dealer via truck, the car is unlocked with the PIWIS tester, inspected, test-driven, and detailed. I've never seen a Porsche sports car come through with less than 8 miles on it, and Cayennes no less than 4 miles. Most of them didn't make it to customer's hands with less than 30 miles after everything was said and done. In general, the GT2s, GT3s, and Carrera GTs always had even more due to the suspension testing tuning in Germany before even reaching the States.

The trick is that the odometer can be reset to "0" before delivery if the car is under 150 miles (IIRC) and has never been purchased, registered, or delivered. By law, the car is "new" until registered and technically has "no" miles on it.

Unless you are handed the keys at the exit door of the factory it was built at, you'll never get a car with "0" miles on it. Even then, the engine already has hours counted on it.

But the salesman had every right to be paranoid with you hangin' around! !!!

Last edited by Tweaked; 09-16-2009 at 01:51 AM.
Old 09-16-2009, 02:14 AM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by macpyro2
i would of stole the A8...lol
hahaha we were thinking about it, in the blink of an eye we looked at each other and almost the same time we both said u know we could make it right haha but i turned the car off lol

Originally Posted by Tweaked
B.S. As part of the Porsche pre-delivery inspection, a road-test is required. The engine is run for about 30 minutes before being placed in it's chassis. After the car is completed, it is test-driven in Germany and the computers are shut down into a transport mode. From there, they go to a train, then to a boat. When they get to the U.S., the car is again inspected at port and driven to another train or truck. When it arrives at a dealer via truck, the car is unlocked with the PIWIS tester, inspected, test-driven, and detailed. I've never seen a Porsche sports car come through with less than 8 miles on it, and Cayennes no less than 4 miles. Most of them didn't make it to customer's hands with less than 30 miles after everything was said and done. In general, the GT2s, GT3s, and Carrera GTs always had even more due to the suspension testing tuning in Germany before even reaching the States.

The trick is that the odometer can be reset to "0" before delivery if the car is under 150 miles (IIRC) and has never been purchased, registered, or delivered. By law, the car is "new" until registered and technically has "no" miles on it.

Unless you are handed the keys at the exit door of the factory it was built at, you'll never get a car with "0" miles on it. Even then, the engine already has hours counted on it.

But the salesman had every right to be paranoid with you hangin' around! !!!

gee thanks... am i that obvious? lol but seriously, i told the guy... dont worry i wasnt doing anything wrong... but be warned if i ever show up and my GT2 is in here... u better not let me out of your sight haha... he wasnt smiling

Old 09-16-2009, 02:26 AM

thats funny as hell, i wish i was there

Old 09-16-2009, 02:31 AM
4th Gear

oooh and they also got their first shipment of 2010 s5 and a5 cabriolet.. they were wrapped in the white zipper suit thing so i couldnt see them entirely lol, but i heard the s5 start up and it was sexy

Old 09-16-2009, 05:58 AM
Administrator

Did you walk in with a shirt on?

That would've made a huge difference!

Old 09-16-2009, 07:07 AM

Holy post ***** you joined like a month ago and your post count is through the roof and I joined a couple months ago lol.... good stuff.

Old 09-16-2009, 10:09 AM
3rd Gear

Ha, that's excellent.

Old 09-16-2009, 10:46 AM
4th Gear

Haha yes I had a shirt on..... And yes I am a post *****, that's what forums are for LoL

Quick Reply: got in trouble at the audi/porsche dealer today haha