B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

gt28 , gt30 , gt35 turbos.

Old 08-06-2013, 09:34 AM
1st Gear
Default gt28 , gt30 , gt35 turbos.

i want a gt28r but i was considering a gt30 or 35 since my engine is gonna be build, anyways question is does the gt30 and 35 even fit? or does the position change dramatically and is it gonna sit sideways or something like and what kinda manifold is used on 30 and 35 i seen top mount sideways and some other weird looking ones. just simple answer don't confuse me to much lol its for the aeb engine.

Old 08-06-2013, 05:01 PM
Administrator

They'll all fit, but those are some pretty large turbos for a stock displacement street car. Are you doing the build yourself? You should read this:

https://www.audiforums.com/forum/b5-...rmation-93439/

Top mount mani will work but there isn't much room between the turbo and the hood. You can also use a tubular manifold to get a bit more practical mounting location. You could also use a side mount mani like this one:

http://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/merchant...gory_Code=VVWM

What are your power goals and intended use for this car when you're done?

Old 08-06-2013, 07:19 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by CCA4
They'll all fit, but those are some pretty large turbos for a stock displacement street car. Are you doing the build yourself? You should read this:

https://www.audiforums.com/forum/b5-...rmation-93439/

Top mount mani will work but there isn't much room between the turbo and the hood. You can also use a tubular manifold to get a bit more practical mounting location. You could also use a side mount mani like this one:

VW/Audi 1.8T - 20v Turbo Manifold : atpturbo.com

What are your power goals and intended use for this car when you're done?
good question well i was thinking just using a gt28r and tuning it with United motor sports or unitronic but i was told might as well go big .

right now i'm building my head to a high rev head so springs,valves,retainers etc should be good to a safe limit of 9k redline.
The bottom end is getting h beam rods,coated Main Bearings,billet main bearing caps, got a gates timing belt , fuel pump is been replace with a high flow , i have 3" turbo back from the turbo all the way back no taper, front mount , and DV valve. thats basically all the stuff i have order and i'm waiting on and some i already have.

As far as power gains idk dont have a goal but anything is better than what i make with this weak k04 and sad 14s 1/4 mile but i figure if i have my engine build i would like to take advantage of everything done to it and get as much out of it as possible.

Old 08-06-2013, 08:06 PM
Administrator

Sounds like you're well on your way. What are you doing for a clutch? DON'T cheap out on engine internals like rods and springs, or on the turbo. Stay away from eBay!

Old 08-06-2013, 09:05 PM
1st Gear

Sounds like you're well on your way. What are you doing for a clutch? DON'T cheap out on engine internals like rods and springs, or on the turbo. Stay away from eBay!
well im buying my stuff from Audi Parts Audi Accessories VW Parts | Integrated Engineering

and as far as clutch well i been using right now a F1 racing clutch stage 1 and so far its been taking punishment and is still great so i'm thinking of buying same thing just stage 4 or clutchmaster whatever can hold the power.

Last edited by Subarashī Kao; 08-06-2013 at 09:13 PM.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:23 AM
Administrator

I'm running a clutchmaster FX300 240mm w/ a 19lb steel flywheel, its been absolutely awesome. Not a single hiccup, and I daily mine in DC traffic and it's not bad at all.

Old 08-08-2013, 08:00 PM
1st Gear

I'm running a clutchmaster FX300 240mm w/ a 19lb steel flywheel, its been absolutely awesome. Not a single hiccup, and I daily mine in DC traffic and it's not bad at all.
nice ill look into it.

So i was reading the link someone provided on here about turbo upgrades and i decided to go with the Gt2871R so my question is what maf housing do i need says ford lighting or vr6 maf does that mean any vr6 engine maf housing or a specific one with or without the sensor in it?

Old 08-08-2013, 09:34 PM
Administrator

It will depend more on the tune than on the turbo. Some tunes are set up to use the stock sensor in the stock sensor housing, others use the stock sensor in a larger housing, and other tunes use different sensors in larger housings. That piece can usually wait until after the rest of the hardware has been purchased.

Old 08-09-2013, 06:33 PM
1st Gear

It will depend more on the tune than on the turbo. Some tunes are set up to use the stock sensor in the stock sensor housing, others use the stock sensor in a larger housing, and other tunes use different sensors in larger housings. That piece can usually wait until after the rest of the hardware has been purchased.
oh ok i see what you mean now . ok then let me do a little more research on the mean time.

Old 08-09-2013, 08:28 PM
1st Gear

so i was wondering i'm building the head for high revs should i buy oem valves or get something else? would they hang ok?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: gt28 , gt30 , gt35 turbos.