B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Heavy duty motor mount

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 10:09 PM
1st Gear
Default Heavy duty motor mount

Does anyone know how to tell the difference between a stock and a HD motor mount? There's a seller on Ebay that's calling his motor mounts heavy duty. The only problem is he says it's for the S4 model... I thought the S4 motor mounts and A4 mounts were the same. Aren't they?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...18296&rd=1

Are those the RS4 mounts?

Old 03-29-2008, 10:17 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Heavy duty motor mount

Here's a quick tip for you. The S4 has a 2.7 V6 engine. Not sure if it uses similar mounts to the 2.8 V6 A4, but I would expect them to be much different than the 1.8T 4 cylinder motor mounts. Which engine do you have? Do the stock OEM mounts have the same P/Ns on any of the aftermarket websites like ECS or 034? Think to research this first, then ask.

Old 03-29-2008, 11:14 PM
1st Gear

Um.... thanks.What's with the attitude? And thanks for stating the obvious. I did research this. Let me clarify the question.

I have read that the 2.8 and the S4 share the same motor mounts.
The seller is calling his motor mounts "heavy duty."
The only"heavy duty" motor mount I'veheardaboutis the b5 RS4 mounts (like on ECS).
So, the question is: the seller having listed "heavy duty S4" mounts... are there S4 motor mounts that are heavy duty? Or could he be mistaken?

Think to ask if I had researched this first, then ask. Did you even click on the link before dishing out your attitude. If you had, and the number of posts you have under your name is right, then I think the fair assumption was that I was asking about the 2.8... not the 1.8...

Also, if the part number was listed on the auction, then I wouldn't have asked this 'stupid' question of mine.

Old 03-30-2008, 01:50 PM
1st Gear

Did you even Blah Blah Blah?

EDIT> Bogie has been around for a while. It might be bad policy to come on here with so much "tude". I think he may be right though. Check out vagcat.com and see what the part numbers reveal.

Old 03-30-2008, 04:44 PM
1st Gear

There is no part number on the auction. So even if I found the part number on vagcat, I couldn't verify the part is HD on the auction.

Regarding Bogie, what are you talking about "bad policy?" Or what? He's who? The only attitude I have towards rude people is to tell let them know they're rude. Bogie's got attitude. Did you read his post? "Here's a quick tip for you?... think to research this first, then ask?" Why patronize other members who don't know. I mean, that is the point of the forums, right? It is an Audi community, right? But thanks for your input. I mean that sincerely, not sarcastically.

Old 03-30-2008, 06:47 PM
4th Gear

what he means is it has a higher durometer count in the rubber, pretty much a stiffer mount. i think its only OEM designnot OEM spec so pretty much after market. really at this price if you want HD mounts go to 034 motor sport, their a trusted company and id trust them over ebay anyday.

i just realized the seller, DP are OK guys, so i wouldnt mind buying from thembut still i would contact them and ask about their durometer rating. stock is roughly 45 durometer.

Old 03-30-2008, 08:53 PM
1st Gear

Thanks SAudi! That's exactly the information I was looking for! Like a lot of the newbies on here, I really am trying to learn... so I really do appreciate it when you guys share your experience and information!

Old 03-31-2008, 03:01 AM
2nd Gear

i have the rs4 motor mounts on my 1.8t and they where the same as my oem ones but stiffer i wouldn't get something like a motor mount from ebay because there is no way of telling what it really is and sometimes it is better to spend a little more and get exactly what you paid for just my 2 cents

if they had these out when i did my motor mounts i would of got these
http://www.speedlifemotorsport.com/034demomo.html
they are offering 10% for audiforums guy enter speedlife2 in coupon bar

Old 03-31-2008, 09:43 AM
5th Gear

screw that. just get 034 street density mounts

Old 03-31-2008, 09:01 PM
1st Gear

^ I second that. Go for 034 motorsports... Try to get a group buy going if the cost is a problem. Welcome to the forum a4audia4 and don't worry about the 'interesting folks' PM me if you need any help as I have done both the motor and trans mounts before.

Quick Reply: Heavy duty motor mount