B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Help ID this turbo

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 12:36 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by EpicWin
In my original post, it says APR chip. I think with the semantics of a "tune" you are referring to the specific chip tuning, which I should have caught on to earlier... just your semantics vs mine. That's ok.

Thanks for identifying my 4 bar FPR, now I know I need a 5 bar to get where I want to go. Why do I want to not worry about leaning out? Here's the deal: I like to have the peace of mind that I am not going to blow a head gasket, melt a piston crown or nuke a ring landing while at full boost, that's why I want it. Listen guys, this is not about making a small turbo change, this is about running higher levels of boost than stock and advancing the ignition timing... heating the chamber up. I want it to run slightly rich at WOT. I think this is a pretty good safety precaution for any turbo car running over stock boost, one that I used in building 993tt's that made over 600bhp or an average 944 turbo pushing just 300. It's simply not gonna hurt. At worst, Mike correctly identified that my computer trims the fuel slightly or I lose a slight bit of my fuel economy. It's not gonna kill mine or your grandma. Be at peace.

But in the end, I just want some help identifying a turbo. Can anyone provide a source for identifying a 5304 10150 95b, or a table listing all the K03/K04's by model year?

That would sure be a help.

You do NOT need to change the FPR. Our cars use a rising rate FPR, this means for every 1psi of boost the fuel pressure also goes up 1psi. The maf is also there to help adjust how much fuel is being sprayed into the cylinder. If you put in a 5 bar your car is going to run really rich. Other people that didn't know better have already tried running a 5 bar on a 4 bar tune, in the end they just ended up going back to the 4 bar because the car ran like **** with the 5 bar. Those people got laughed at when they posted saying they "needed" to run a higher FPR because they thought they needed more fuel.

I made well over 200whp(250+ chp) on a K03 pushing 20psi and 104 octane, my 91 custom tune ran up to 26psi. All of this was done running the stock 270cc injectors and stock 4 bar fpr.

As for worring about blowing a head gasket, Dont worry since the B5 is not known for blowing head gaskets at all. Even the stock head bolts are good for up to 600whp. I run a OEM 1.8t stock head gasket and make over 600whp.

Believe me this has all been covered in the last 11 years that the B5 has been on the market here in the united states. So it isn't like what you are doing is something new.

BTW these cars already run slightly rich at wot.

Last edited by Mike-2ptzero; 09-30-2008 at 12:46 PM.