B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

I got a story for you!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 12:38 PM
1st Gear
Default I got a story for you!

so i own a 1999 a4 front wheel drive manual and i started having problems like engine stutters and no boost...i have all the bolt on parts besides the front mount(got no money) the car is basically maxed out with bolt ons and hard piping...i started to get a engine stutter when i would go over 10 psi, so 10 thru 22 psi i have no power at all, i bring the car to my shop and replace the turbo with a k04 that didnt solve the problem actually made it worse so i changed the fuel pump thinking it was that also, nope....so i open the crank case and bam i see it....some dumbass that had the car before me put the cam gear on backwards and never changed the water pump during the timing belt job...so whats going on now is i brought it to USP Motorsports and they are doing the timing belt again replacing the cam tensioner bc it cracked and putting some new software for that k04!

thought i would share this story =)

Old 05-12-2009, 01:03 PM
1st Gear

So you have money for a K04, but not FMIC? I'm confused. Haha. Sounds cool man. I also have a FWD manual 1.8T. I just put a K&N on it and replaced the broken flex pipe in the exhaust. {grumbles}still only get 4 psi boost{\grumbles}

What are you planning to do next?

Old 05-12-2009, 01:28 PM
1st Gear

haha my turbo was bad so i needed to replace it and the k04 was the best one to use with out a fmic....the next step is the fmic, but what is pretty cool is that the silicone hoses i put in basically gave me a nice amount of cold air getting to the engine so even with the stock intercooler i can still run high boost and stay cold, but im def getting the FMIC soon

Old 05-12-2009, 05:34 PM
1st Gear

Are those the factory 15 inch rims? I also have a 99 FWD A4 manual, everything is still stock right now. I wanted to change the rims but looking at your car I might have to change my mind. Amazing how just lowering the car and changing the tires affects the look. Assuming those are the stock 15s, did putting lower profile tires mess with the speedometer at all?

Old 05-12-2009, 07:01 PM
1st Gear

i had the car setup just for those pictures so the coils were slammed and the tire changed to low pro but i would scrape my flex pipe if i were to drive it like that...i have it raised a lil bit more right now on regular sized tires...basically all that was just for the pic, i dont reccomend dropping that low...i couldnt tell you if the tires messed with it i didnt drive with it like that....right now i auto cross it

Old 05-12-2009, 07:10 PM
1st Gear

No, I definitely would not go that low. Too bad you can't drive it like that, looks pretty slick. I just noticed that you live in Parkland, that wouldn't be Parkland FL would it?

Old 05-12-2009, 07:24 PM
1st Gear

yes it would be...

Last edited by gaberossi; 05-12-2009 at 08:06 PM.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:22 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by SVT_BRYAN
What are you planning to do next?
Hopefully get a smaller sig pic :P

Had to scroll my screen left and right a dozen times to read the story cuz everything was expanded by the size of the picture lol

Old 05-13-2009, 12:37 PM
1st Gear

i cant make it smaller haha it was taken on my friends digital slr camera and the quality you get from those cameras are amazing sorry if i make it hard on you guys to read posts

Old 05-13-2009, 08:20 PM
2nd Gear

It's true, SLr cameras are amazing, and maybe it just made me have to scroll back and forth cuz I'm on an oldass computer with a fairly low rez screen, a major downgrade from the laptop I was on til the video card decided to fry...

Anyhoo you can get programs that will resize the picture for you, I use irfanview myself, mainly cuz it was free to download, but it is a super easy to use program as well. Also, programs like photoshop will do it as well or can also have your hosting site scale it down, at least I know imageshack does that. When you upload a picture to imageshack, it has an option to resize it to a variety of sizes based on what application you're using it for so that's an option too if you don't want to download a program to do it.

Quick Reply: I got a story for you!