B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

I'm New Can You Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 07:57 PM
Default I'm New Can You Help

Ok I have a 2000 Audi A4 1.8T with 97,000 miles on it. This is my first time on Audi Forums can you help. [/align][/align]When accelerating quickly you can hear what sounds like a paper bag rattling in the the wind. Don't know if its the turbo or what. There is a small place on the downpipe that has been welded. Could that be it?[/align][/align]I use Castrol Syntec 5w30. I changed this oil about 5,000 miles ago. I'm taking it in to have the oil changed this week. Since my last oil change I have added about 2 quarts of oil. Most recently because the check oil light came on.[/align][/align]Fuel millage isn't the best. I have talked to a couple of people that said I should be getting at least 20 around town. I get between 16 and 19 in the city. And about 28 on the interstate. I do have a very short trip to work less than 2 miles. But I do get the car up to highway speeds at least twice a week.[/align][/align]I love this car but if it keeps it up I going to have to sell it. Any thoughts. I don't have a lot of money to spend on this thing. [/align]