B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

It's the Timeline..

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 01:10 PM
2nd Gear
Default It's the Timeline..

So i made one of these on vortex probably over a year ago.. and i keep seeing everyone making them on here so im inspired to take the plunge..

2 years ago when i got the car, bought it from a friend of mine who wanted something that required less maintenance and didnt cost much in general haha so he got a black honda civic.. his loss my gain =) car had 115,XXX miles, waterpump and timing belt done within the past year, all 4 wheel bearings.. had some issues as well though, had the rattle which forever i thought was the wastegate rattling from being loose, turned out the actuator flap inside the exhaust side was torn apart and barely holding on haha.. some pesky rust spots (gotta love Vermont/New England) and a few other idiocracies..

First order of business was getting rid of those mudflaps, although i now wish i would have kept them for a kick *** winter setup with a roofrack.. but maybe this winter ill get ahold of some..

debadged the *** end..

At this point i upgraded the DV first to a Forge 007 in Stainless.. got an AWE Vent gauge and put it in the left center vent.. along with some Interior Xenon Bulbs, and they look far better than the halogens in there before.. Also did the rear plate lights in LEDs, all of the trunk lights, footwells, etc.. Around this time i threw in an EBAY short shifter.. really did shorten things up even though its no JHM, and im not a fan of buying stuff for my car on EBAY, heard good things so i took the plunge.. for 25 bucks you cant go wrong.. Also since my exhaust was rattling and full of holes and rust i tore that out and threw in a Borla 2.25" Resonated Cat back exhaust from AWE.. sounds amazing..

Then came the B7 RS4 Reps.. K&N 57i Air intake with a homeade heatshield.. also drilled slotted rear rotors as well as fronts which were done just before i got the car..

At last, Depo 2 piece Projectors and DDM 6000k HIDs.. Finally got APR Tuned when they had their octoberfest sale this past year.. and just a few weeks ago got a K03s installed which got rid of that terrible rattle and inconsistent boost pressure.. Now when the clutch doesnt slip a little i get to spike around 18-19 psi and hold around 15-16 in 4th and 5th gear.. more around 15-17psi in 2nd and 3rd.. also my catalytic converter got plugged and **** the bed, sooo i went in with a 2.5" VMR Test pipe instead.. adds a little more growl and the low end is better.. this actually made my car way louder than i ever wanted it.. turns out though after i switched out the turbo, it got WAY quiter back to the way it should be.. dosile at idle and really screams when you get into boost.. no drone on the highway.. honestly its perfect for me.. my 4 cyl. turbo sounds like a car should.. hahah

but really this is where she sits before and after.. comments and criticism welcome..

Last edited by osin34; 05-05-2010 at 01:42 PM.
Old 05-05-2010, 02:22 PM
Tech Guru

looks pretty good, i have/had that same german flag, now it rests on my tool box

Old 05-05-2010, 02:45 PM
2nd Gear

Give that car a bath! LOL

=) Looks good man, I really want to do the LED's on my interior too. I thought somewhere on this forum someone posted pictures with red LED's to match the dash which looked sweet and I am considering that.

Loving those rims. For some reason, the stock or replica audi rims, just always look the best.

Old 05-05-2010, 03:38 PM
Site Moderator/B5 Tech Guru

^I'd be curious to see a picture with red LEDs as well, if you come across one.

Old 05-05-2010, 03:42 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by mikekey
Give that car a bath! LOL

=) Looks good man, I really want to do the LED's on my interior too. I thought somewhere on this forum someone posted pictures with red LED's to match the dash which looked sweet and I am considering that.

Loving those rims. For some reason, the stock or replica audi rims, just always look the best.
That's the one thing I forgot to add into my timeline. At one point I had red LED's all over the place. Trunk, glovebox and all the reading/dome lights. However I took them out aside from the trunk and glovebox because they were impractical (not much light) and I could only use the middle light up front because of the design in my year ('96) made it so the polarity was opposite no matter what. I'll post a pic of the glovebox LED, looks great at night with everything red.

Old 05-05-2010, 03:46 PM
2nd Gear

haha turbo kraut if you see in the debadged picture there is a spot on my trunk from the previous owner.. it looked like primer grey i dunno what it came from, but thats the only reason that badge is there to cover it lol.. easy fix.. i really didnt wanna put anything on the *** end but, it works ok..

lol and mikekey i was just outside for an hour and half washing that dirty pig and tireblack and wheel cleaner.. shes spotless.. need to windex the windows and everything and give her a quick vaccuum.. but yea i thought about the red LEDs, i think they look good in the footwells but i personally wouldnt put them anywhere else, cause i think the bright white at least gives it a european OEM expensive look.. the colored bulbs dont do much for me but to each their own!

but i def love the B7 RS4's.. i wasnt sure if i was gunna go with the B5 RS4s or these but i loved the looks of these.. i want some other wheels too, i love the BBS LMs.. but ill prolly hold onto these for a while.. def wanna throw in some Bilsteins and H&R sport springs to get a little bit of a drop.. opted out of coil overs.. maybe on the B6 S4

Old 05-05-2010, 03:47 PM
3rd Gear

Ha, last summer I wanted to save up for a B6 S4. Then I smartened up .

Old 05-05-2010, 03:51 PM
2nd Gear

lol well i havnt lost hope yet.. this car is alot of fun, i feel like that would be a good upgrade though.. love the engine and the styling of the car.. it would either be that or a B6 A4.. i just dont think i wanna go through the mod bug l ike i did with this one.. too damn expensive on top of maintenance haha

Old 05-05-2010, 03:53 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by osin34
lol and mikekey i was just outside for an hour and half washing that dirty pig and tireblack and wheel cleaner.. shes spotless.. need to windex the windows and everything and give her a quick vaccuum.. but yea i thought about the red LEDs, i think they look good in the footwells but i personally wouldnt put them anywhere else, cause i think the bright white at least gives it a european OEM expensive look.. the colored bulbs dont do much for me but to each their own!
My reasoning for the Red LED's in my map lights is the same reason astronomers use Red flashlights, it's for the road. And I travel a lot. White LED's do like luxury though. I might do a blend.

Old 05-05-2010, 03:58 PM
2nd Gear

thats a really good point i didnt think of that.. matter of fact one of my goodfriends is a state trooper here in vermont, and he put a piece of red tissue paper in the map light of his crown vic so that he could see better while driving and having it on.. whats next on your list of things to mod? looks like a good start there.. you gunna go BT ever?

Quick Reply: It's the Timeline..