B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Just Bought Maestro. Wow this is crap...

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2013, 12:27 AM
1st Gear
Default Just Bought Maestro. Wow this is crap...

First I want to say that I have researched the **** out of this setup and it seems like the way to go for what I am trying to accomplish. I have different stages of tunes I am going through and this would allow me to get the most out of each without having to buy expensive new tunes each time I upgraded.

I was hoping to have everything for my setup in advance of recieving the unit. I have spoke with RAI which is awesome and gave me excellent responses. They agreed this sounds like the way to go. I asked which MAF is needed and they did not have the number right off but remarked it is an early Audi A8 model. I try to look this MAF up and it seems there is 3 different models for it. I email eurodyne and they reply that the part number would be provided once I purchase the product. Kind of crappy if you ask me even after I explained what I was trying to do. Spoke with some other individuals about the product and they mention that you scale the MAF. Call RAI back about this and they reply that you can but why if you can get the correct part it is designed to work with. This makes sense.

So I ask another member if they will look and get me the part number. They do and it states you need 077 133 471 JX but this is not for the Audi A8 but a 2.5 TDi. WTF? Ask Eurodyne again and the same response which to say the least is starting to **** me off. I also run by them the issue I have with my OBD2 port asking if for whatever reason if I fry the cable (which is highly unlikely) if it is covered. They never directly answer me on this but state that it has never happened before so they doubt it will happen now.

So now that I have asked several times specific questions and none have been answered I am still interested in their product and buy it. I get it in and to say that I am disappointed is an understatement. You pay $800 for a small box about 6" x 4" x 2.5" with a cable, a small sticker, and dongle, and 2 pages of directions. I follow them and email them to get my user ID and password. I then download the Maestro programs hoping that I can finally get into the program and get the MAF number or some sort of positive identification on which I need and I can not open any of the programs. All that happens is says that some sort of error has occured and asks me to send a report. Unistall the software and reread the 2 pages of instructions (which are a joke to be honest) and still the same issues.

So now I have contacted Eurodyno hopefully for the last time with this:

I hope you issue refunds for your product. I have downloaded Maestro editor twice and it will not open (I followed the instructions listed specifically which are lacking to say the least). I was wanting to go in the program and locate what MAF is needed for my car since I have been told that I need an early Audi A8 (which has several different part numbers) and since I know someone with this package and they sent me a screen shot with the part number and it leads too a TDi. Also I have asked you several times for the part number and have never been given anything except that it would be given too me once I purchased the product.

I guess I am expecting a bit more customer service after spending $800 for a product. I will take my business to one of other people on the market that A) lists the hardware needed and B) has actually answered my questions without skirting around it. It is impossible to explain how dissappointed I am about a product that seems to have unlimited potential but is obviously limited by its lack of clear instructions or instructions at all.

If you are like me and expect to get what you pay for then maybe this is not the best route. It seems they have great product but the hassle and aggravation that has come along with it is not worth it when you can buy products from other places that have answered my SPECIFIC questions and not beat around bush with their cryptic replies. I am not saying to not purchase their product but I fealt it necessary to post my expierences with them.

I hope they refund me since I obviously CAN NOT use their product.

Old 03-10-2013, 07:58 PM
2nd Gear

Good post. Far more effective than the usual, "These ******** ripped me off" complaint. You didn't call anyone names, you gave us facts.

Old 03-11-2013, 08:32 AM
Administrator

Sorry to hear you're having trouble. I can't imagine the issues you're having installing the program have anything to do with the MAF you bought, which based on what I've read can be ANY Audi V8 MAF. What OS are you running? List the specs of your lap top. What was the error code you received? The "send a report" you saw is a functionality of Windows, not Maestro.

Old 03-11-2013, 08:48 AM

Ive had a few problems actually with the install. Its a pin, it will work, then you get a pop up saying update, click that, bam **** doesnt work any more. Gotta do a full clean install. Their software is a little *****, but all mine works fine now.

The $800 isn't spent on the cable, like you dont spend $200 on windows Disc in a plastic box. You spend the $800 on the R and D it took to get to the final product.

Id work with Maestro on it rather than getting a refund. Once it works its goign to work better than anything out there. The company is actually pretty small from what it seems.

Old 03-11-2013, 08:50 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by jonbonesjones
The company is actually pretty small from what it seems.
From what I've read, it's basically just Chris Tapp.

Old 03-11-2013, 09:17 AM
1st Gear

My frustration is more along the lines that I have asked the questions before hand and was pretty much played off, or atleast thats how I feal, as just a window shopper. Now that I have the setup I was expecting to get better feedback and now all the answers I have got from the manufacture has done nothing but created new problems. I have not had a sngle positive expierence as of yet. What is really making me scratch my head on this product is that basically eveyrthing I have been told seems to be wrong.

I have 3 computers I can try to run these programs on. Finally after spending countless hours on the 2 newest ones where I could not get anywhere except just new problems I tried the oldest one of the bunch. It has not been updated with anything for sometime, atleast 15 monthes. The program loaded and started without an issue. This really drives me crazy since everything I have been told has lead me to believe that I need all NEW software. Makes you wonder about further issues and what will arise from them.

It does seem like the best option from a performance standpoint. From a customer service standpoint, no, not even remotely close.

Old 03-11-2013, 09:29 AM
Administrator

Maestro isn't NEW software, it doesn't surprise me that it runs better on outdated Windows platforms. In my line of work, fighting with different JRE versions, Windows KB's and software that doesn't work properly out of the box is an everyday thing. If you did as much research as you say you did, you'd know not to expect **** all from Eurodyne in the way of customer support, ESPECIALLY if it's not directly related to the tune.

I guarantee that your problems installing Maestro are OS related. I saw your thread on the zine, where plenty of people are using Maestro with no problems. Those people are trying to help you and you keep getting shitty with them. I bet that if you politely asked one of those guys to do a command line wmic qfe list and tell you what JRE version they're running that will help tremendously. OR, you could just use the computer that you sucessfully installed Maestro and do that yourself.

Old 03-11-2013, 09:31 AM

I think it is just Chris to a degree, I imagine he has some people working with him.

IDK why your having a problem. Im running it on windows 7 on a mac via vmfusion and it works perfectly fine. I have it on an XP machine and a 7 machine.

Old 03-11-2013, 09:41 AM
2nd Gear

Hope I'm not being condescending here, but when I hear that it installs fine on an older OS but not on something newer, I think about User Account Control. if you right click on the install file, then left click on "Run as administrator" does that get it to install on a newer OS?

Old 03-11-2013, 11:34 AM
1st Gear

I searched the **** out of this setup and spoke with 2 distributors. Both of them asked me to direct specific questions to Eurodyne. I am not getting shitty with anyone but Eurodyne as they have not answered a single question correctly or have done anything that has got me to go in the right direction. Members keep stating issues is with my OS but I have done everything that EURODYNE has suggested.

In all the searches I have done I came across one person having issues but that was because they did not understand how to tune. Its not like I took the time to search and see how fucked up Eurodyne is. I searched to see what type of results people were able to get and how they actually liked the software. As far as how the product works, when it works it seems to be just fine. Its the problem of getting to that point.

My complaint is how they seemingly have not given 2 ***** if it works for me or not. That what they have answered me with has not resolved anything. I spent over 5 hours yesterday doing the exact things that Eurodyne specified and got no where. I literally had to walk away from it and calm down. Only later once I cooled down as a last ditch effort did I try the one computer that by Eurodyne's reasoning should not have worked. Wait till you spend 5 hours trying to do something and get nowhere and see how you react.

The only thing that has gone my way is the fact that the computer it is working on is a laptop.

Quick Reply: Just Bought Maestro. Wow this is crap...