B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Just picked up my wheels

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 10:10 AM
1st Gear
Default Just picked up my wheels

As many on you know, a few months ago I painted my wheels. While I was happy with the color, I didn't care for the quality of the paint job. So, my one year anniversary gift from my wife was to have them powder coated. I picked them up today, and I love the finish. Had them done in satin black. The only problem is that the fake rivets on the Flick Wasp wheels are plastic! Well, plastic and a 400 degree oven don't mix. I just got off the phone with Edge Racing, and they only have 20 rivets for warranty issues, and said they can't get any more. I need 23 per wheel! Anyone have any ideas? Also, does anyone know if the Audi center caps that they sell on Ebay will fit. Part of this process involved two new tires, because one had a bulge in the sidewall. Well, when we took the tire off the rim, it turned out that about a third of the sidewall on the backside of the tire had collapsed! I'll post pictures when all is completed.

Old 08-14-2008, 10:51 AM
1st Gear

Well, after going all over town and finding out that no one has what I need to plug the holes from the plastic rivets, I called Edge Racing again. This guy told me the same thing, that they have no way or ordering them. The only way that they get them is with the shipment of wheels that they get at the end of the year. So I have to call back in November to find out when they will be coming in. If anyone has any ideas in the mean time, please share.

Old 08-14-2008, 12:18 PM
Site Moderator

Other than your wife sounding real cool, I don't know what to tell you. Sorry.

Old 08-14-2008, 12:37 PM
1st Gear

Sell the rims with bad pics and buy new ones lol

Old 08-14-2008, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by slopoke
Sell the rims with bad pics and buy new ones lol
or dont.

Old 08-14-2008, 02:21 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by klum00
or dont.
yea, thats a dick move

what do they look like without rivets ?

Old 08-14-2008, 03:15 PM
1st Gear

Well, I guess they don't look that bad without the rivets. There are just 23 little holes about 5/16 across about 3/8 deep. They are also bare metal, seeing how the holes were covered then coated. I might end up painting them until I can get the plugs in Nov or Dec. I'm taking them to my buddies work tonight to mount them back on. And since my car has been sitting in my driveway for a week and a half on stands, I took the opportunity to replace all my rotors. I also just finished painting my calipers. Wish I would have done that a long time ago.

Old 08-14-2008, 03:53 PM
1st Gear

Post up a picture of a wheel. I had a few connections for Flik wheels years old. Have you tried to google Flik directly or find shops on the net that sell Flik wheels? Maybe one of them might want to help you and locate these for you.

Old 08-14-2008, 03:59 PM
1st Gear

The guy at Edge racing said that they are the only place here that sells them here. I tried to google them before, and the only thing that pops up is Edge Racing. It would be great if you could help. I'll put up the pictures tonight after I get them mounted back on.

Old 08-14-2008, 04:12 PM
1st Gear

Here is a picture of them from the Edge Racing website http://edgeracing.com/images/wheel/f...front_zoom.jpg. Mine weren't black to start with though, they were silver.

Quick Reply: Just picked up my wheels