B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Les Schwab Oregon

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 12:49 PM
1st Gear
Default Les Schwab Oregon

Not one to bash companies, but after rotating my tires the other day I noticed that the hub centric rings were missing off of my right side rims. These being the same side that I had nails removed from (guys I train with and their damn nail bags) and Les Schwab did the work. This is the second time they've left rings off of the rims after doing some work.
Anyone else have not so great experiences or am I just having some bad luck?

Old 10-20-2009, 02:01 PM
4th Gear

ok... go back and get it, why post a thread on it? instead of crying about it... be an adult and take action, and if they dont fix it call corporate... and if that doesnt work.. molotov cocktails!!! hahaha

Old 10-20-2009, 02:52 PM
3rd Gear

Mr. Phil didn't you do the same thing a couple months ago? About your oil pan cover or something... You claimed they stole it and came here crying...

But do what Mr. Phil said, go back and talk to them.

Old 10-20-2009, 07:22 PM
1st Gear

No need to talk to the guys, already bought new rings from another place. Sorry about the gripe.

Old 10-20-2009, 07:37 PM
3rd Gear

believe it or not a lot of the highschoolers they have doing tire changes dont know what hubcentric rings are. they assume they are worthless, or that they broke something and throw them out. i would have just gone back and told them what happened and demanded they fix it. if they did throw the rings out, they should pay for new ones.

and mr phil- you tell the guy to be an adult, then you suggest burning the building down. you tell him this thread is useless, but ive read many useless threads started by yourself. i guess people should do as you say but not as you do?

Old 10-20-2009, 08:08 PM
Administrator

Mr. Jits:

I'm surprised you rolled over that easy man, I'd have gone back and given someone a ration of **** for doin somethin like that. Thats why i hate having anyone else do work on my car except me. Unfortunately at the moment, i don't really have a choice as i have no place to do the work

Had to take my A4 to a Jiffy Lube the other day because I'm not allowed to change my oil in the parking lot of my apartment complex anymore. The guy at the front desk went into autopilot on me, trying to sell me everything under the sun.
"Well sir we noticed your cabin air filter is dirty, *flops filter on counter* would you like us to change that for you?"
Thats not dirt thats activated carbon, I changed it 2 months ago, put it back. Just an oil change please.
"We also noticed that based on the mileage of your car you should have your coolant flushed, would you like us to do that for you?"
No, I changed my timing belt 10k miles ago, changed the coolant while i was at it, the coolant is fine. Just an oil change please.
"Based on the mileage of your car, we think you should change your air filter." *flops (K&N) filter on counter*
Thats a K&N filter, you don't change those....

JUST CHANGE THE OIL!!!!

Moral of the story is if you want something done right, do it yourself.

EDIT: And for the record, I will hence-forth be changing my oil in the parking garage underneath my office, because I'll not go back to those jagoff's again.

Last edited by CCA4; 10-20-2009 at 08:10 PM.
Old 10-20-2009, 11:19 PM
2nd Gear

Phil, enough with the flaming everyone man. I've been perusing the forums this evening and it seems on every one you have some jeering comment to make. The OP was putting it out there that maybe Les Schwab's customer support has declined lately, and he was curious if anyone else had noted something similar. He's not crying about his lost rings, in fact he seemed impartial, just stating it factually. Chill out man, just stop flaming everyone for everything.

Old 10-21-2009, 06:07 AM
4th Gear

flaming everyone for everything?... like what?

and as for the other guy.. i didnt come crying... i came back upset... but i also asked if it was even worth me worrying about it, not that i wanted u guys to fix the problem or whatever.. i got some answers and i bounced and went back.. turns out they threw it away and they had to buy me a new one haha

Old 10-21-2009, 09:42 AM
2nd Gear

I'm not going to look back to find your messages, but I saw a lot of your posts, and the majority seemed haughty or aggressive. I'm not trying to **** you off more, I'm just stating my opinion.

Old 10-21-2009, 06:29 PM
4th Gear

i never said i was pissed off... but if ur gonna say i flame everyone... i would like to know who or when... thats like me saying i know my roommates a peter puffer but i dont wanna tell anyone why

Quick Reply: Les Schwab Oregon