B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

My 99.5 quattro restoration/project

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 12:09 AM
1st Gear
Default My 99.5 quattro restoration/project

sup guys i just recently became involve in the audi/euro culture, witch i must say is way different from the honda scene not just in cars but in personalities. but enough of me on to the caro !

car info
1999.5 quattro 5spd with 130,xxx K
exterior is about 8/10 reason why minor scratches and clear coat fade on roof

interior 7/10 tear on driver seat on the bottom half, front driver and pass pillars sagging fabric same with the rear left,right pillars, head liner also sagging.

engine: fully stock has a leak on one of the power steering hoses and also is leaking anti freeze from the area where the oil filter goes, pls chime in this problems guys, also car is in limp mode and does not have any cell codes or check engine light, and temp gauge works when it wants or might be getting a bad signal from the temp censor. help me guys

pics of the first day the old owner dropped the car off to me

Name:  IMG_2720.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  65.5 KB
Name:  IMG_2713.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  48.9 KB
Name:  IMG_2715-1.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  50.5 KB
Name:  IMG_2711.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  61.0 KB
Name:  IMG_2712.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  64.0 KB
Name:  IMG_2714.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  43.7 KB
Name:  IMG_2717.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  41.9 KB
Name:  IMG_2718.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  49.0 KB
Name:  IMG_2716.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  31.2 KB

mods that are in transit/have at the moment. can't wait to get

forge 007 diverter valve from esetuning.com $ 139.00
ECS Race N75 Frequency Valve from ecstuning.com $ 74.95
Coolant Temperature Sensor from ecstuning.com $ 27.00
Engine Oil Dipstick from ecstuning.com $ 6.18
podi Stewart Warner Boost Gauge Package podi.ca $ 100.00
KAMAI grill audiforums.com $ 75.00
b5 pillars with good fabric $ 8.00 pick your part 50% off ftw
b5 gray headliner great condition $ 7.00 pick your part 50% off

mods looking to get asap and need help from you guys

good tint location in the long beach, cerritos, paramount, Lakewood area
debating between h&r Race Spring and h&r Sport Spring. i still want the great handling and smooth stock ride( NEED YOUR HELP ON THIS ONE GUYS )
tenzo R type-m version 2 polished .tenzoracingsports.com/main.php?page=wheels

tell me what you guys thinks of the mods and the pros and cons

Last edited by Got_A4; 02-15-2011 at 12:58 AM.
Old 02-15-2011, 12:18 AM
1st Gear

and on to the goods and more to come in the mail this week

first this came in the mail about a week ago my first mod. KAMAI grill
sorry guys i was so excited that i forgot to snap pics when i first got it and i installed it the same day ill post pics of it installed :P

Name:  DSC_0300.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  48.8 KB
Name:  DSC_0301.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  46.7 KB

today 2/14 i got another package from our friends at pod i

Name:  DSC_0294.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  35.9 KB
Name:  DSC_0296.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  46.5 KB
Name:  DSC_0298.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  63.3 KB

need to install

Old 02-15-2011, 12:33 AM
4th Gear

just so u know the boost gauge currently is useless until u get it out of limp mode... it wont go more than 6lbs of boost if im not mistaken... but what other plans do u have for it??

Old 02-15-2011, 12:44 AM
1st Gear

engine: fully stock has a leak on one of the power steering hoses and also is leaking anti freeze from the area where the oil filter goes, pls chime in this problems guys, also car is in limp mode and does not have any cell codes or check engine light, and temp gauge w

the one time clamps on the power steering cooler go bad after a while, replace them both. a new sandwhich plate will fix you coolant leak. a new coolant temp sensor is 25$, and all your problems are solved. pull a batter wire for more than 10 mins, and the ecu will get reset = no limp mode. see what happens then

Old 02-15-2011, 01:02 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by colony777
engine: fully stock has a leak on one of the power steering hoses and also is leaking anti freeze from the area where the oil filter goes, pls chime in this problems guys, also car is in limp mode and does not have any cell codes or check engine light, and temp gauge w

the one time clamps on the power steering cooler go bad after a while, replace them both. a new sandwhich plate will fix you coolant leak. a new coolant temp sensor is 25$, and all your problems are solved. pull a batter wire for more than 10 mins, and the ecu will get reset = no limp mode. see what happens then
thanks going to try this as soon as the temp censor comes in

Old 02-15-2011, 11:07 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Got_A4
Originally Posted by colony777

thanks going to try this as soon as the temp censor comes in
Make sure to dig up your radio code before disconnecting the battery. Since you still have the stock unit in there, it'll need a car-specific code for you to be able to listen to the radio after disconnecting the battery. The code *should* be in your owner's manual, if its not, well hopefully someone else chimes in on here that knows where to pull it from; I think its physically written on the back of the radio, which is a pain to get to, but I could be wrong so anyone else that can shed better light, please do

As for the car, she looks good man, can't wait to see the build progress. Also, maybe it was just the picture, but it looks like you could use a headlight lens restore kit?

Welcome to the Euro scene, and of course, to the forums

Old 02-15-2011, 01:28 PM
4th Gear

The radio code shouldn't be written on the back of the radio. The requirement of using the code to get the radio to work is supposed to be a theft deterrent. It doesn't do any good to give the thieves the code when they steal your radio. Cragman is correct about it being in the manual... There is a card that is supposed to be in your wallet, but most leave it in the book, or write it in the book. If all else fails, you'd have to go get raped at the dealer, and then pay them too, and they should be able to find your code in the system based on your VIN...

BTW... Chip it!!!

And yes, the Euro scene, especially Audi, is a lot different than the Honda scene, especially in this forum. Most of us here like to keep things as close to stock as possible (appearance wise... performance wise, the sky is the limit), while tastefully modding. Body kits and funky paint, flashy wheels (don't call them "rims" here, or be prepared to be flamed), and underglow lighting just really isn't our style...

Welcome to the forums! Glad to have another enthusiasts to join the crew...

Old 02-15-2011, 01:34 PM
1st Gear

car looks good. and it does look like the drivers side headlight needs to cleared up. I have the same boost gauge. and i love it. very easy install as well. im a little upset with Podi though, they sent you more stickers. i only got the all black one

Old 02-15-2011, 02:11 PM
1st Gear

If u have the title don't worry about the radio code just go with the title to your local audi dealer and ask for it ,they will provide you with the code for free, i did and it works like new

Old 02-15-2011, 05:19 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by tware4021
car looks good. and it does look like the drivers side headlight needs to cleared up. I have the same boost gauge. and i love it. very easy install as well. im a little upset with Podi though, they sent you more stickers. i only got the all black one
u want them ill mail them to you im not much of a sticker ***** ill just keep one

Quick Reply: My 99.5 quattro restoration/project