B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

My A4 broke... Again!!! any help?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 07:12 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: My A4 broke... Again!!! any help?

thanks, yeah thats what im gonna do today, im gonna pull out plug by plug. im also gonna try and find someone with an OBD or something i can plugg that car into, so i'll post updates this afternoon.

Old 03-28-2008, 12:25 PM
1st Gear

Hi, I had the same problem with a previous audi I had. Start the car and get someone to run it just long enough to check the charge going to battery posts with a voltage meter it should be about 13.8 if not its bad alternator or bad voltage regulator. I had this exact problem, so I replaced the voltage regulator and that fixed it. hope this helps

Old 03-28-2008, 10:43 PM
1st Gear

thanks bro im deffinitely going to do that because im running out of ideas of what it could be... ohh and to everyone i couldnt get my hands on an OBD to check the codes im going out to buy one tomorrow so ill post the codes up tomorrow... thanks

Old 03-28-2008, 11:35 PM
5th Gear

well if you got a new battery that was fully charged, you could drive your car at least 10 miles lol. just turn eveything else off, i'm telling from experience lol. try pouring some fuel system cleaner down the gas tank too, it could be a rly clogged fuel filter

Old 03-29-2008, 01:02 AM

Anyone else thinking clogged catalytic converter??

Old 03-29-2008, 02:55 AM
1st Gear

Thats what I used to do with my 5000. Just charge the battery up and try and go buy beer, unitil I had to call my wife and ask for a jump.....and I dont mean the good kind......lol

Old 03-29-2008, 08:21 AM
1st Gear

A blocked catalyst WILL get your headers red hot.

The car will also be extremely reluctant to rev.

Old 03-30-2008, 03:48 PM
1st Gear

Ok i got a code, AND WTF!!! i got 1545 Manufacturer Control Idle vehicle speed control/ Auxiliary input... ok i couldn't find a computer anywher e so i had to drive the damm thing to auto parts about .5miles away from my house! ok when i got back the headers weren't hot anymore but the car did smoke a little, i canme from the crack between the engine and the firewall, and ok, whne i got home, i knowdiced a buzzing noise coming from the fuel tank (like the noise a fuel pump would make).. wtf so i unplugged the battery and the damm noise was still there so i got under the car and tried to figure it out... nothing until i decided to take the gas cap off and the noise went away, also when i took it off there was a little pressure let out... i dont understand...???????? when i put it back on, i waited 5 sec. andthe noise came back, i think it's like pressure building up. i tried it a couple of times and it still wouldn't stop! about 1 and 1/2 hors later it stopped. any help guys??? sorry i took so long for me to get the code i couldnt fina a machine.

Old 03-30-2008, 03:58 PM
4th Gear

DUDE, that is weird...

Have you tried putting a can of seafoam in your gas tank yet?

josh

Old 03-30-2008, 04:42 PM
1st Gear

i dont think thats such a good idea, but then again im running out of options, im about to take it to the stealership... and does seafoam clean the throttle body??

Quick Reply: My A4 broke... Again!!! any help?