B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

need help? getting code p0411

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 09:25 PM
1st Gear
Default need help? getting code p0411

saying secondary air flow sensor but we cant power point where the problem is just replaced mass air under the intake but still getting the cel. anyone help any answers may help and im new here just bought my audi 2000 a4 1.8t thanks... and already problem,,lol lucky me right pm me

Old 01-06-2010, 09:48 PM
5th Gear

either your SAP is bad or you have a major leak in one of the SAI hard plastic hoses. try searching too, there have been a lot of people who have asked your exact question

Old 01-06-2010, 10:15 PM
1st Gear

k thanks might try that 2mrrow and nice meeting ya if any other suggestions let me know a.s.ap thanks again this thing is a nightmare

Old 01-07-2010, 12:52 AM
2nd Gear

That's funny. I got my car 6 mo. ago, same year/engine and the same code popped up two days after I bought it. It was driving me nuts trying to figure out what it was. I finally figured out that the vacuum hose connected to the egr valve was falling apart. I ended up doing a full replacement of all the vacuum lines since they all looked pretty bad. That made the cel go away, but I had to clear it first with a scanner since it doesn't go away on it's own. I hope this is the same problem you have and not the secondary air pump. Those things aren't cheap.

Old 01-07-2010, 01:10 PM
1st Gear

i know right this car is a nightmare only had it couple days and already problems have the check engine light abs and brake but im more concern of the engine right now want that gone ....thanks

Old 01-07-2010, 03:11 PM
4th Gear

16795/P0411/001041 - Secondary Air Injection System: Incorrect Flow Detected
Possible Symptoms
Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) ON
Possible Causes
Fuel Pump Relay (J17) faulty
Hoses/Pipes to/between Components faulty/clogged
Secondary Air Injection Pump (V101) faulty
Secondary Air Injection Pump Relay (J299) faulty
Secondary Air Injection Solenoid Valve (N112) faulty
Possible Solutions
Check Fuel Pump Relay (J17)
Check Hoses/Pipes to/between Components
Check Secondary Air Injection Hoses/Pipes for Carbonization
Check Secondary Air Injection Pump (V101)
Check Secondary Air Injection Pump Relay (J299)
Check Secondary Air Injection Solenoid Valve (N112)

Old 01-07-2010, 10:49 PM
1st Gear

thanks will check anything helps

Old 01-08-2010, 11:15 AM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by A4 2000
That's funny. I got my car 6 mo. ago, same year/engine and the same code popped up two days after I bought it. It was driving me nuts trying to figure out what it was. I finally figured out that the vacuum hose connected to the egr valve was falling apart. I ended up doing a full replacement of all the vacuum lines since they all looked pretty bad. That made the cel go away, but I had to clear it first with a scanner since it doesn't go away on it's own. I hope this is the same problem you have and not the secondary air pump. Those things aren't cheap.
I had this code once upon a time as well and was this same hose.

Old 07-23-2011, 09:20 AM
1st Gear

I have checked all the usual culprits in my SAIP circuit, the pump, combi-valve are fine, no leaks, good vacuum. I've done the output test and proves they function. I've done the readiness procedure and everything passes. I don't want to be a parts changer, but, the after-cat O2 sensor is the only thing I haven't physically checked, other than with vag-com. I'm still getting the insufficient flow error. Just curious, what part does the fuel pump relay play in the SAIP circuit? That is the one thing I have not checked on my vehicle. I did de-carbon as much of the passageways as I could get to, even into the head passageway. Just to the first corner at least. What's a good way to dissolve or remove built-up carbon? I'm leaning toward the after-cat O2 sensor, but, vag-com seems happy with it and I'm not getting any codes for it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Old 07-23-2011, 09:21 AM
1st Gear
Default p0411

I have checked all the usual culprits in my SAIP circuit, the pump, combi-valve are fine, no leaks, good vacuum. I've done the output test and proves they function. I've done the readiness procedure and everything passes. I don't want to be a parts changer, but, the after-cat O2 sensor is the only thing I haven't physically checked, other than with vag-com. I'm still getting the insufficient flow error. Just curious, what part does the fuel pump relay play in the SAIP circuit? That is the one thing I have not checked on my vehicle. I did de-carbon as much of the passageways as I could get to, even into the head passageway. Just to the first corner at least. What's a good way to dissolve or remove built-up carbon? I'm leaning toward the after-cat O2 sensor, but, vag-com seems happy with it and I'm not getting any codes for it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Quick Reply: need help? getting code p0411