Need help Removing power seats that dont move. Please help!!! - AudiForums.com

B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Old 01-17-2012, 11:49 AM
1st Gear

Default Need help Removing power seats that dont move. Please help!!!

I have seen the DIY on how to remove the seats but it requires you to move the seats back first. Is there a way to manually move the seats back so I can access the bolts to remove the seats?
Old 01-18-2012, 07:25 AM
1st Gear

Obviously, the seat adjustment is in the front of the seat. Pull up on it and the seat should slide forward and back. HOWEVER, I did experience a time where the passenger seat did not work properly for a couple of reasons. First it's an Audi. Second, the rails were sligtly off-kilter enough to jamb the sliding action. The remedy was to twist the seat side/back side/front and get it to "walk" into alignment such that it sat in the rails more correctly and the catch/lock mechanism worked again. Good luck with that.
Old 01-18-2012, 09:26 AM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunaoue View Post
Obviously, the seat adjustment is in the front of the seat. Pull up on it and the seat should slide forward and back.
Thank you for your reply, but I hope what you mean is there is an manual seat override on the seats. I mentioned this in the heading that I have POWER seats as in NOT manual.

To be more clear:

I'm looking for help on removing my POWER SEATS. The seats currently do not move at all when you move the trigger. I would like to know if there is a Manual override to these power seat adjustments.

Thank you in advance for your replyies.
Old 10-11-2017, 12:45 AM
1st Gear

Hi,

I am having the same issue with my a5. The power seats are not working and I need to be able to slide the seats manually on the rails.
Did you ever find a solution for this problem?

Thank you.