B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Need some input...

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 07:00 AM
Default Need some input...(Pics added of damage)

So I posted in the newb section. I bought a nice b5 that the previous owner put alot of work into. Crazy custom paint bodykit ect. Well I was driving and the side exit exhaust got shoved up into the side skirt and cracked the **** out of it... dilemma is now.. do I cut the hole even bigger around the exhaust or get the exhaust put back to where it should be. I really wanna go with option two but I don't know. Also what else would you guys suggest for me to do with my car. I already have plans to get OEM tails and front grill but I'm gonna keep the ricey headlights. Heres a link to my other thread so you can see the car. Thanks

Last edited by DankesterA4; 06-11-2009 at 04:48 PM.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:01 AM
Old 06-10-2009, 09:21 AM

I would say yes you could make the hole larger or go back to a standard position exahust.

Now for some pointers on the car.

You need to drop here and swap out the front grill mesh because it looks crap and I would paint the chrome black other than that it looks sweet shame it's a 12v thats all.

P.S. change them rear light they do not do anything for the car.

Old 06-10-2009, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by docurley
swap out the front grill mesh because it looks crap and I would paint the chrome black

P.S. change them rear light they do not do anything for the car.
agreed on the above points! post some pictures of the damage though

Old 06-10-2009, 10:34 AM
3rd Gear

That car is definitely out of the ordinary for an audi.. I'm kinda feelin that color though but I think the car needs more work and more simplicity in the body to pull it off. I would not keep the side exhausts.. it looks strange. You can find oem a4 grilles for cheap on ebay, I just bought a spare to paint for $7. How do you even open the hood with that grille? You really should do something about that mesh on the bumper. At least paint it black.. I'd get rid of the wheels too. Maybe put them up for trade? I'd rather have stock wheels+cash than those, then you can use the extra money to lower the car. Maybe put the headlights up for trade too and see if anyone's interested. I have some all red pre facelift taillights if you're interested..
https://www.audiforums.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=129136

Old 06-10-2009, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by docurley

You need to drop here and swap out the front grill mesh because it looks crap and I would paint the chrome black other than that it looks sweet shame it's a 12v thats all.

What chrome are you referring to? Also different mesh in the bumpers? Like I was thinking the car needs more black, it has way to much blue so I was thinking of getting the OEM Grill painting the badge black and getting a badge for the rear that is also black, getting some black mesh inserts for the air dam and back valance... or would the black mesh in those look to tacky? Maybe some Black M3 mirrors and leave them black? Thanks you guys I'm gonna go down to the shop now and see about the exhaust I got some crappy 17's im gonna get rid of from my old civic to get the exhaust done.

Old 06-10-2009, 04:25 PM
3rd Gear

Don't get M3 mirrors.. The car needs more oem. If you're going to keep the bumpers maybe get an RS4 grille and matching black mesh for the bumper?

Old 06-10-2009, 04:49 PM

^ Should I get black mesh for the back bumper as well because I dont know if you can see it but I got mesh in the rear valence as well. Also how hard is to find a B5 Rs4 grill? also what is the difference from what I see the audi badge is a little larger? Thanks. BTW I will try and get pics up of the damage going in tomorrow and getting a quote on the exhaust. Any recommendations im just going to have custom exhaust done out the rear valence should I go dual or single?

Old 06-11-2009, 04:52 PM

Okay exhaust issue is fixed I'm going to Midas on Monday and they are using the same harware I have just to keep it cheap for now... The guy had a cheap muffler but I like the tip so im gonna Y into one muffler and go out the back. Now here is the pic of whats going to be the aftermath of moving the exhaust... any Ideas on what to do with the crack/ small cut in each side skirt... only one side skirt is cracked like that the other just has a cut. Thanks

Old 06-11-2009, 07:17 PM
5th Gear

ya you def need to put the exhaust back in stock position. you can probably bondo it but you'll need to be patient and skillful with that hand. good luck man

Quick Reply: Need some input...