B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

it never fckin ends! *minor carnage*

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 09:59 AM
4th Gear
Default it never fckin ends! *minor carnage*

So today on my normal drive to work, I went the same way I always do. But the road I take has been getting road work for months now, it never affected me before. There's 1 spot on the road that is raised in 4 areas. Like enough for my non sport to have trie rub. So for the months this has been going on I Always go over the bump the same way at the same speed. Today I must have gone over top
much to the right cause I hit it pretty hard. Now at a red light some guy knocks on my window saying "your leakig oil... Badly". I was like Fu*k instantly I think my oil pan. So I pull into the 1st parking lot. Get out and look under... nope... My transmission is spewing out oil. Must have hit the trans on the corner of the manhole and cracked the bellypan. I'm so pissed it's not even funny! So now I'm stuck in a parking lot waiting for my dad, as I post this rant from my iPhone. I'm just really hating my life right now. And this is the 2nd time I'll have to bring the car to the dealer cause of a leaking trans. Last time it was a rear main seal now it's the oil pan. Let's hope it's not 980$ again x_x that's money I don't have. And my parents don't have it either. I'm realy considering taking it off re road and just finishing the swap now that the trans is like half shot.

Here's some pics I took waiting for the tow truck.
Name:  photo-9.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  41.3 KB
u can faintly see the oil pouring out of the trans.
Name:  photo-10.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  94.0 KB
all the oil on the ground.

driver finially came. Driver rolled my car out and man did the oil pour out once my car was level. Even the driver was like was "u hit it good. It looks like it's just the pan should be no problem". But here's some more pics
Name:  photo-13.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  69.1 KB
Name:  photo-14.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  96.3 KB
Name:  photo-12.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  92.0 KB

Old 09-08-2009, 10:22 AM
1st Gear

Dude that sucks! But you're right, it will now be easier to just finish the swap as long as you can get the parts for cheap.

Old 09-08-2009, 11:22 AM
5th Gear

you should call DOT and tell them about what happened and tell them that they are going to pay for it. they're not supposed to let people drive on roads that are hazardous even for cars with stock suspension. as for the fix, either get a new pan or get patch the hole. all you'd need is the full version of vag com to measure the temp while you're filling the fluid back up. personally, you should take it off the road and do the swap. i may be coming out to long island this weekend to pick up something and i'd be more than willing to help you out for a few hours man.

Old 09-08-2009, 12:25 PM
4th Gear

I don't have all the parts yet.

The car was towed to a trans shop. They are gonna replace the pan. And fluid. I might call the town and give them the bill. I go over that bump every day and it's always rough and bouncy. Even my gf's car hits it harder. Guess it was all in the way it came down. It's just a pain in the ***. Arethere any skid plates I can get that will cover the oil pans?

Old 09-08-2009, 01:27 PM
1st Gear

Yeah man that blows... have you gotten any info on what the repair bill is like?

Old 09-08-2009, 02:14 PM
2nd Gear

yeah there are some but i dont know how far they go back i think im gonna buy one after i lower my car
http://www.dieselgeek.com/servlet/Ca...er+Skid+Plates

Old 09-08-2009, 04:46 PM
4th Gear

yea i was thinking about getting a skid plate but i need to find one that covers the trans pan too not just the engine

Old 09-08-2009, 06:57 PM
2nd Gear

you might have to make one

Old 09-08-2009, 07:07 PM
3rd Gear

I'm no lawyer but I think you are going to have a hell of a time trying to get someone to pay that bill for you.

sucks, roads here in Jersey aren't any better. Good Luck though

Last edited by ObnoxiousDrunk; 09-08-2009 at 07:12 PM.
Old 09-08-2009, 07:16 PM
3rd Gear

here's a suggestion, file a claim with insurance and see if they will take the claim to the state or municipality.

Quick Reply: it never fckin ends! *minor carnage*