B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Now the suspension!

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 10:49 AM
4th Gear
Default Now the suspension!

A little background, I needed rear calipers. Low and behold, I got some, 330 bucks before the core return. I ordered them thursday, put the rear up on jackstands Friday afternoon, prepped the car for once the wife got home from work, and went to pick up the parts. They were the wrong ones, everything was good, except the brake hose line was too small for the hole in the calipers. Appearantly, they ordered me the 2000s, not the 99s. Yep, there is a difference. So, I returned them Friday, order the right ones, and fixed the car yesterday. The car was on the jackstands from Friday afternoon, until yesterday afternoon, maybe 26 hours total, with the wheels off.

I returned my cores, got my 130 back and as I walked out of AZ, it looked like the back of my car was sitting off balance. Sure enough, the driver side rear wheel has about an extra inch of fender gap than the passenger side. To top it all off, I also have a flat tire in the front now (just adding to the frustration).

Anyway, anyone know what might be causing the suspension to be sitting too high on only one side? I'm really hoping there is a quick and easy fix for this. I have stock, non-sport suspension.

One more scary thing, I went to Sonic for an awesome Limeade after my stop at AZ, and when I backed out (turning the wheel to the left) I heard and felt a distint "clunk" and again as I pulled out of the parking lot (turning the wheel to the right). I was unable to get it to do it again after a series of slow left and right turns on my way home. Possibly completely unrelated, but I was definately scared as to what might be wrong now!

I know, I'm long winded, but I didn't want to get flamed with "need more info." Thanks again for all your help, guys.