B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

P1569....

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 09:26 PM
Unhappy P1569....

Hey guys, im new here, brand new to the Audi world! well i have a 1999 A4 1.8t Quattro 5-speed. i have this code P1565....Idle Speed Control Throttle Position Lower Limit Not Obtained.

Ill back it up a little bit for some background. I originally had a P1545....Throttle Position Control Malfunction. i did some back-probing and checking voltages at the throttle body, and as i finished that, the P1545 dissapeared and what took its place is the P1565 took its place. soo i replaced the throttle body and guess what, code is still there. I can not erase this code, as when i erase it, my scan tool informs me that it is still remaining. I am at my whits end with this as it needs to go through emissions sooooon.

Also, there apear to be no drivability issues at all.

Does anyone know what component or part of the vehicle this code pertains to?? any clues would be greatly appreciated.

Help please!!!!

Old 06-23-2010, 09:57 PM

I did find one place that it was possibly "throttle valve tight/sticking, ISC actuator".

Im pretty sure the throttle valve isnt sticking, but what on earth is an ISC actuator??

Old 06-23-2010, 10:57 PM
2nd Gear

If you are a pre-99, and are drive by cable (youll see the cable going to the throttle body), try and loosen the throttle cable (adjustable using the clip on top of the engine block, try more slack). If you are post '99 it is drive by wire and you have no throttle cable. You should also try (and maybe try before, and for sure after you adjust the throttle cable), doing a throttle body alignment, which is done by turning the key to the on and not running positon for something like 7 minutes or so.

ISC stands for Idle speed control

At what RPM is your idle? One thought I had to cheat the system if you cant get it figured out by what I said above, is raising the idle speed with a VAG COM, so that it can reach its desired idling point, and would hopefully remove the code.

Old 06-24-2010, 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by Dallas09
If you are a pre-99, and are drive by cable (youll see the cable going to the throttle body), try and loosen the throttle cable (adjustable using the clip on top of the engine block, try more slack). If you are post '99 it is drive by wire and you have no throttle cable. You should also try (and maybe try before, and for sure after you adjust the throttle cable), doing a throttle body alignment, which is done by turning the key to the on and not running positon for something like 7 minutes or so.

ISC stands for Idle speed control

At what RPM is your idle? One thought I had to cheat the system if you cant get it figured out by what I said above, is raising the idle speed with a VAG COM, so that it can reach its desired idling point, and would hopefully remove the code.

Thanks for the response. Mine is driven by a cable, and i have also tried to give the throttle body more slack.

My idle was at about 1100 rpms before i replaced the TB, now it currently sits at about 900rpms. Is the Idle speed control integrated with the throttle body assembly?

Does anyone have a pin-out showing what voltages/resistance ect i should have at the pins on the TB?

Thanks again!

Old 06-24-2010, 02:35 PM
2nd Gear

Yeah 1100 is def too high, 900 isnt bad, i think they range between 750 and 900 or so.. The idle control is integrated to the throttle body. Were you sure to do a throttle body adaptation after you put in the new TB, by turning the key to on?

Old 06-24-2010, 03:10 PM
AudiForums WilkommenVagen Direktor

IIRC
for the throttle body adaptation (without vag-com) you need to disconnect the battery for about 10 minutes, then reconnect, turn the ignition key to on position, without starting the car. then you should hear some whirring under the hood as the adaptation is performed (a couple of minutes, not very long at all)

Old 06-24-2010, 11:12 PM

I havent done a throttle body adaptation yet. i dont have a vagcom but ill try to do the key on engine off technique tomorrow or saturday.

Im also going to try and douple check the wiring at the connector because i was back pining it right before the TB swap. im wondering if maybe i tweaked one of the terminals haha

again thanks for the help you guys!