B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Plz Help .

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 08:41 PM
1st Gear
Default Plz Help .

Car is 2.8 Quattro 99 AUTO bout 195000km on it
Most of this stuff started happenin over the past 2-3 months im not the only driver of the car so im not to sure when some of it started

Sorry bout my bad grammer im trying to see if i can find a good parts place.
Ok bois im back once again.

Heres the issuesssssss....

First off
Wen starting the car there is i high rev then normal for a cold start. this been happenin for bout a couple of weeks now and i been keepin an eye on it. I took it to a friend he scanned it with vag com and nothing came up. So the worst starting to happen. Went to start the car this mourning. Temp was about -3 to -9 degress when i started the car it would rev between 1000-1200 then almost suddenly it would jump to about 1400 then all the lites in the car started flickering includin outside lites. so i took it to a shop he called me dumb and said first of all ur SAP is not connected to my aftermarket air intake .(i didnt know i boughtt it like that) there is a hose coming up for the sap and its just sticking up ( im such a newb with audis i came from chevy) Could this have caused the jump in rpms and flickering cause he didnt have time to check the car.

Second off
Cam lvl sensor bank 1 and 2 i think it was. (had a mech change the cover gaskets bout a week before) A non audi specialzed shop

Third off My speedo drops below zero tested it with vag com it supose to goto 280 k but stops at a lil under 260.

Fourth off
i found out my Pass side flex pipe goto change

Fifth Off
Im only getting 268KM out of a full tank of gas recently...

6th off
My car doesnt heat up properly takes like half hour to get it up to bout the first line. then the only time i could ever get it to 90 was to driver around with the heat off

7th off
Sometimes if i brake to fast to just break i hear like a clicking noise only happens once per brake. I DO NOT HEAR CLICKING OR ANYTHING WHEN I TURN. just wen braking.

PLZ HELP I HOPE I DONT SOUND DESPRETE

Last edited by carlosmedeiros98; 12-20-2010 at 11:00 PM. Reason: Forgot to add something
Old 12-21-2010, 06:44 AM
1st Gear

update this mourning went to go start the car the car and there was no flickering just a normal rev

Old 12-21-2010, 06:46 AM
1st Gear

im thinking about changing both temp sensors and termostat how much time labor wise you think a shop will charge? im not the mechanicaly inclined

Old 12-23-2010, 09:09 PM
1st Gear

i noticed that when i dont have the climate control on the car heats up about a lil over 1/4 any idears?