B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

is it possible...?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 06:14 PM
1st Gear
Default is it possible...?

to throw a gt3076R with the minimal supporting accessories (scats, injectors, tune, etc. etc.) onto a stock AEB 1.8t block with no boring or pistons and still run fine?

Old 08-18-2008, 06:53 PM

why the gt3076r and not the gt3071r?
If your going to put new rods in you mine as well port the head for better flow while you have it off. You will be fine if you do the minimal. Make sure with the rods and the injectors with the tune though. Also you might want a FMIC for that size turbo to keep the IAC's down. A good exaust would help too.

Old 08-18-2008, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by pimphell
Also, you may completely and totally need an FMIC for that size turbo, along with a 3" turbo-back exhaust. Unless you want to blow something up.

Fixed. Yeah, you could run the bare minimum. Pistons come stock forged, and they've seen over 700hp. You'll be fine.

Old 08-18-2008, 07:34 PM
1st Gear

yes, the front mount and full 3" exhaust was meant to be covered by the "etc. etc." part. I just didn;t feel like typing it all out.

I was just wondering if I had to go allll out and do the whole 2.0l conversion thing with the 83mm bore and 92.8mm stroke along with new pistons, seals, inconel valves, valve springs, blah blah blah -

or if I could keep my AEB totally stock, run new scat rods, large injectors, new oil/coolant lines, manifold, full exhaust with downpipe, AFPR, inline fuel, 3076R turbo, 43mm external waste gate, dump pipe, lightning MAF, and some new plugs and be good...

Old 08-18-2008, 07:40 PM
1st Gear

I'm on the "I want to go fast on a budget" plan and am not really looking to squeeze every drop of hp from my engine possible to get the best performance.

I'll be happy with a mild tune, and a mediocre fast car for now and worry about the tuning and maxing out performance later.

thanks for the replies

Old 08-18-2008, 10:25 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by fuzz_duster
yes, the front mount and full 3" exhaust was meant to be covered by the "etc. etc." part. I just didn;t feel like typing it all out.

I was just wondering if I had to go allll out and do the whole 2.0l conversion thing with the 83mm bore and 92.8mm stroke along with new pistons, seals, inconel valves, valve springs, blah blah blah -

or if I could keep my AEB totally stock, run new scat rods, large injectors, new oil/coolant lines, manifold, full exhaust with downpipe, AFPR, inline fuel, 3076R turbo, 43mm external waste gate, dump pipe, lightning MAF, and some new plugs and be good...
That seems like correct setup. Doesn't look like it's minimal, really... that's a lotta dough in parts! More displacement is to offset the lag with some more low-end toque more than anything.

But you do need to add a clutch to that list...

Old 08-18-2008, 11:48 PM
1st Gear

yes it is a lot of money, but in all reality it is a minimal setup considering you want your car to actually run with that big of a turbo in it.

and I already upgraded to a stage 5 clutch so I should be good