B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Questions about SPEEDTUNING chip

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 01:52 AM
Default Questions about SPEEDTUNING chip

Ok so I am in the current group buy of this chip, a few questions.

Ok so the stage 2 is definitely more power, but can i run it with a stock setup? (with exception of a new dv) and nothing else?

Also, if stage 1 and stage 2 are the same price through this group buy deal, why doesnt everyone just get stage 2? Who wouldnt want more power for the same price? Am i missing something?

OK last question! lol, thanks for putting up with me. When i get a new chip would i also need to get a boost controller and a boost guage and that stuff?

(Im super new to this stuff)

Old 07-24-2009, 03:07 AM

Im not familiar with what the 1.8t would require to run with a chip, but I think just a new DV would do, (but dont quote me on this lol) althoug a boost controler and boost gauge would probably be really really helpfull!
another thing is to replace all ur vacume hoses to prevent any leaks later on...

oh and I think the stage 2 just puts more stress on the eng/turbo and stg one just not so aggresive.... but again idk. im just guessin lol hope that helps!

Old 07-24-2009, 11:38 AM
2nd Gear

yeah i think if your getting chipped, along with it being almost necessary to get a DV, it should be necessary to get a boost gauge...

i honestly look at that thing more than any other gauge in my car while driving... its good to have for getting better gas mileage too haha cause when your just cruising somewhere slow its nice to stay out of boost as much as possible, and this is a great way to display tht too.

most importantly though, it will tell you if you have a leak, which you probably will soon after getting chipped... something stupid/small will burst within the first month ill bet!

anyways, get a 710N DV and a boost gauge!

Old 07-24-2009, 05:05 PM

hey ambig1.8t to answer ur question about my headlight setup...
I'm running the 55w DDM Kit with 5000K bulbs & they are really really bright & probably the whitest I've ever seen...
here is a pic of my setup next to my friend's who is also running the 5000K DDM kit exept he's only 35w. you can see my light output is way better and also whiter.
Name:  IMG_09222.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  62.4 KB
It's also way brighter than my friends 08' GLI with OEM HIDs (4300K)

hope that helps, if you have any other questions let me know....

Old 07-24-2009, 05:45 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by mexican47
hey ambig1.8t to answer ur question about my headlight setup...
I'm running the 55w DDM Kit with 5000K bulbs & they are really really bright & probably the whitest I've ever seen...
here is a pic of my setup next to my friend's who is also running the 5000K DDM kit exept he's only 35w. you can see my light output is way better and also whiter.

It's also way brighter than my friends 08' GLI with OEM HIDs (4300K)

hope that helps, if you have any other questions let me know....
That looks sharp bro (sorry to divert from the OP) how much did that setup cost?

Old 07-24-2009, 05:46 PM

Where can i pick up that kit? Do you have a link?

Old 07-24-2009, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by A4Cragman
That looks sharp bro (sorry to divert from the OP) how much did that setup cost?
thanks, Im really happy with it. I think the HID kit shipped was like $100

Originally Posted by ambig1.8t
Where can i pick up that kit? Do you have a link?
http://www.ddmtuning.com/index.php?p...d=101&parent=0
there ya go ^^^

just pick what exact setup you want (wattage & color/temp)!

I have yet to hear anything bad about DDM's HID kits....

Old 07-24-2009, 07:55 PM

Yo thanks for that, I think Im going to order the 35w, the 55w look to bright for me at night.

Another question, what bulb type would i get?

Old 07-25-2009, 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by ambig1.8t
Yo thanks for that, I think Im going to order the 35w, the 55w look to bright for me at night.

Another question, what bulb type would i get?
if you dont have the OEM HIDs then you have the H7 bulb....

Old 07-25-2009, 10:52 AM
4th Gear

the speedtuning stg2 doesnt make you stage 2. its just what they called the file since its stronger. i have the file on my car, it pulls hard gets about 18psi. im very happy with it. i think they only offer the file in group buys since it probly costs more for you to regularly buy that tune file. since they are making probly a good grand or so. why not give out a better file. and to answer your question. my car has an aftermarket DV. thats it. and i run perfectly fine with this file. im getting exhaust probly soon, but i doubt it will make any noticeable difference. and intake.. i like the stock airbox cause its a sealed system with a snorkel so it pretty much is a cold air intake stock. if u go with a cone filter all it really does is give you a woosh bov sound. just get a K&N pannel filter for the stock airbox and your good to go.

Quick Reply: Questions about SPEEDTUNING chip