B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

replacement front bumper choice...opinions desired

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 05:00 PM
1st Gear
Default replacement front bumper choice...opinions desired

I have some very annoying damage on my front bumper (see pic 1) and am anxious to replace the whole bumper b/c I didn't really want the stock one to begin with- I'd rather not pay a couple hundred to fix the old one AND still have to buy a new one.

I originally wanted to get the b5 s4 bumper/skirt package but am considering other options. Like this...
its a caractere body kit/bumper i saw on lltek for $999. Has anybody heard anything about this brand or product? what do you think? this or the s4? The only hting I don't like is the euro plate portion on the bumper; it doesn't seem to have a cover in case you don't want to put a custom plate there (which I don't).

Old 06-22-2008, 05:50 PM
5th Gear
Default RE: replacement front bumper choice...opinions desired

reputable company but not my fav kit of theirs.

Old 06-22-2008, 06:47 PM
1st Gear

think the bumper may look a little un-classy?? less luxury and more honda-ish??...definetly not looking for that look...This should help with the comparison though. (only interested in the bumper and maybe the sides).

Versus...

My car is silver if it helps the decision at all...

Old 06-23-2008, 01:49 AM
1st Gear

s4 if you can find one and dont mind payin a few bills

Old 06-23-2008, 08:46 AM
1st Gear

Yeah, I think I'm looking towards the s4...seems to fit the look of the car a bit better.
I called the dealership a while back and got some prices which were definetly high, but not too much higher than what these other kits cost? Anyone know if its possible to order it in your colour (from the dealership), or whether you HAVE to get it painted?

Old 06-23-2008, 10:32 AM
Tech Slut

i really like that caractere bumper... i always have had this in the back of my mind, but couldnt bring myself to spend money like that on cosmetics alone.

Old 06-24-2008, 12:17 AM
3rd Gear

wow. $1k for a front bumper? That's really what they cost? How much is the S4 bumper? pic2 is a pretty sick ride.

Old 06-24-2008, 02:58 PM
1st Gear

I got these prices from the Audi Mississauga dealer here in Ontario, Canada:
s4 front bumper (cover)....$792
s4 left and right front bumper side grills $81 each
s4 centre plate cover $40
s4 fog lights left and right $170 each
s4 bumper shocks left and right $75 each
s4 bumper bolts $7 each
.....and the grand finale is $1498 plus paint if its not possible to order them in the stock colour (not sure if they do that or not).
I'm pretty sure I can use my old shocks and bolts and save $165 but thats about it. I will check junkyards here, I'll probably have a little better luck than in the US, but even if this is what I must pay then I will. To each his own I guess...I wasn't really into performance mods in the first place until I came on this site and I really think a new bumper would significantly improve the look of the car. Also, I sure few will agree, but to me its much more of a waste to spend a couple hundred touching up the damage on my current bumper and still feeling unsatisfied about the look, than to fork out some money and be completely satisfied with my car. I'm a student so I'll be keeping this car as a dd for a while, and what I save on not buying a new car I can waste on this.[8D]

Old 06-25-2008, 10:24 AM
3rd Gear

Wow. I never realized how expensive the front bumpers were for Audis. I agree though, whenever something breaks, replace it with something better. Show us your wheels. I think one of the reasons the Caractere bumper looks so good is because it's matched with those Porsche cup style wheels.

Old 06-25-2008, 12:05 PM
1st Gear

my car is pretty much all stock right now but I plan on getting these rims...after next winter
http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...2FBlack+Accent

Quick Reply: replacement front bumper choice...opinions desired